PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Ice shanty

13K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  JohnSm 
#1 ·
Anyone here use their ranger for towing a ice shanty? Looking into building a shanty at the moment, show me what you got!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I use my 08 700 xp to pull a clam flip over. I know it’s not a special made shack but I like the simplicity of the operation.
I have a set of dirt tamers and a 2” lift. It goes anywhere I want.

Attachments

#4 ·
Welcome to PRC! Nice setup, could you post some pics of the inside as well for us southern boys that haven't seen ice except for a few cubes in an adult beverage glass? How thick does the ice have to be to support all that weight?

#7 ·
It sure gets cold in Las Vegas. Raven77, You boys sure know how to do it right. From what I can see there is no roughing it happening in that ice shack. What size TV on the wall? DirecTV Premium Package with the NFL Sunday Ticket, lol. Nice setup. Ice house in the North and House Boats in the South. Amazing the difference a thousand miles give or take a little can make.

#12 ·
#15 ·
So a bit of wind with a narrow shanty seems to be an issue. My bud had some problems with the shanty staying upright.

Attachments

#16 ·
Yikes! Need to learn how to "Tack" like a sailboat! :friendly_wink:

Reactions: arcticzale
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.