PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Shouldn't hurt anything but if you are uncomfortable with it, you can run your (fused) power directly to the battery or to an added on fuse box.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would wire/fuse it directly to the battery but put in a switch. You will need to wire the 'always hot' wire to the battery without a switch for the radio to retain its memory.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I wouldn't want to leave my ignition switch on while listening to the radio, just because of the extra battery drain. I'd wire the radio to the Hot side of the power bar. If you're connecting the memory wire straight, so it has constant power, I wouldn't bother with a switch on the main power wire. Turning the radio off would be the same as flipping the switch if the memory wire is still connected, and the memory doesn't normally draw very much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my XP2014 and discovered the same issue that in order to listen to the radio the ignition has to be on AUX. Not only does the dash light come on showing the power steering but also the trail lights. Is this normal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guys, I would add a second batter with on isolator, that way if you run your battery down you will still have your starting batter. I have my 900XP set up that way and it works great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts