PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, this should be easy but here goes. When I purchased this machine thermo stat was missing. I have a service manual but want to make sure I am doing it right.

I think the Thermostat goes in 1st and then the round rubber washer. Then gasket and thermostat housing. Is this correct?

I also have the Polaris heater adapter kit. I plan on putting the Summit heater hose just behind the thermostat in the adapter for faster heat. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
What machine?

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I know, this should be easy but here goes. When I purchased this machine thermo stat was missing. I have a service manual but want to make sure I am doing it right.

I think the Thermostat goes in 1st and then the round rubber washer. Then gasket and thermostat housing. Is this correct?

I also have the Polaris heater adapter kit. I plan on putting the Summit heater hose just behind the thermostat in the adapter for faster heat. Thanks in advance.
Saw your buggy is an 07 700 in another post - parts fiche only shows the lip seal o-ring. Did notice that the housing has been updated.
07 700 therm.JPG

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The adapter for heater hose goes against block first, rubber o ring towards block, then the thermostat and its seal goes into the radiator hose goose neck..then push goose neck against the flat side (no oring) of the heater adapter. basically your gonna sandwich the adapter between the thermostat/gooseneck and the block.

If the adapter has a large red fitting on it, check to make sure that the 5/8 heater hose infact does fit...the one i got did NOT fit standard 5/8 heater hose.

·
Registered
408 Posts
re: If the adapter has a large red fitting on it, check to make sure that the 5/8 heater hose in fact does fit...the one i got did NOT fit standard 5/8 heater hose.

Hey Wagz, (or anyone who has installed the heater craft bypass)

Question for you. So what did you do? I got that big Vaseline special red one and it looks like a 3/4 hose fitting, hair over 19mm on the neck and 20 mm on the lip. Did you just use a 3/4 piece of hose and a hose reducer 3/4 to 5/8? I cant find a brass one, all the auto ones I found are black fiber plastic. -- reo

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
6,628 Posts

Yo Smith, the gasket fits around the perimeter of the stat . Or IOW's. the perimeter of the stat fits inside the gasket.......Ahhhhhhhhhhrrrrr. WAY old thread......

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
re: If the adapter has a large red fitting on it, check to make sure that the 5/8 heater hose in fact does fit...the one i got did NOT fit standard 5/8 heater hose.

Hey Wagz, (or anyone who has installed the heater craft bypass)

Question for you. So what did you do? I got that big Vaseline special red one and it looks like a 3/4 hose fitting, hair over 19mm on the neck and 20 mm on the lip. Did you just use a 3/4 piece of hose and a hose reducer 3/4 to 5/8? I cant find a brass one, all the auto ones I found are black fiber plastic. -- reo
i ordered mine via ebay. If you need the link, PM me!

·
Registered
408 Posts
re: i ordered mine via ebay. If you need the link, PM me!

PM sent Wagz. --reo
PS sorry about reviving an old thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts