PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2015 Ranger Full Size. There's something I don't understand on the instrument cluster information. I've checked the manual but it doesn't answer my question. As you cycle through the different displays there is one that shows a number with what looks like and hour glass at the bottom and the next display shows a number with the wrench symbol AND the hourglass symbol. I made some notes on what was showing on two different days about a month apart. The number with the hourglass symbol looks to me to be the total hours the machine has been running. The numbers make sense. Where I'm getting confused is the number with the wrench symbol AND the hourglass symbol. This I understand to be the hours until the service is needed.

If I look at the first set of numbers with the wrench symbol AND the hourglass symbol it showed 46.4 and the hourglass showed 3.6 - This totals 50 which makes sense as it's suppose to be 50 hours until the first service. What I don't get is the second set of numbers a month later. Now I see the wrench symbol AND the hourglass symbol showing 47.4 and the hourglass showing 14.0 - The only thing that might explain part of this is the first set of number were noted while the machine was off and the second set I had it running.

Anyone got any comments? I just can't wrap my brain around this. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK - Never mind. I think I've got this figured out. Went back and reread the manual. I think what happened was that at some point I was playing around setting the clock and somehow reset the countdown counter for the maintenance (the wrench symbol). The hourglass is the total hours the machine has been in operation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.