PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Insurance?

5K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  rollover 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before but a quick search didn't turn up much.

Who are you all (especially those in upstate NY) using for insurance? I called up my local agent that I use for house and cars (State Farm) when I purchased my Ranger to get coverage, and it was about what I expected (about twice that of my Grizzly 700). Now they've informed me it is a "dune buggy" and not an 'ATV' and want more $$ (over 1k / year for full coverage)...seems a bit much to me. I did give them the MSRP for the Northstar edition though (what i have), knowing they will only insure for the MSRP and not all the additions (tracks, radio, etc...).

Just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off...

Thanks!

#3 ·
From what my insurance agent told me is that Progressive has the best rates & coverage for any thing to do with atv, boats, motorcycle , so I went with Progressive & very happy with them. If state farm wants 1k or more thats way to much I think mine is only 350 a year here in Illinois.

#4 ·
I too have SF on my home and autos, but have never been able to get a quote from them that I couldn't buy elsewhere for less and I've been riding motorcycles for some 45 years and been insured with SF for some 52 years. One other thing is that SF will not give you a second vehicle discount, ie., each vehicle cycle or UTV will require another policy. Keep this in mind that I live in Texas and each state has their own set of rules set by the state insurance commission. I've used Progressive for many years and they will give you a second vehicle discount which I have a motorcycle (2013 KLR650) and a Polaris (2014 570 Crew) on my policy, I pay very little more for the second vehicle. Use the Progressive online policy calculator and see what you can get the vehicle covered for, collision, liability, comprehensive, towing, total loss protection, etc., take $500 ded. will save more money. I can tell you that I pay a little less the $300 per year for two vehicles with all the above coverage's, I think that's fair.

John

#7 ·
Progressive covers all the toys....I sleep with an insurance agent...she make Big big $$$$...for what I see as doing very very little....and I'm very glad she doesn't follow this forum...:glee:

#8 ·
I'm insured with Tennessee Farm Bureau Ins. Great rates. I'm sure there is a NY FB In. As a note. When I got my coverage, I also purchased additional coverage for my accessories, which are not covered by the standard coverage.

#13 ·
.14 cents SMITH & WESSON T&S

#14 ·
Trog makes a good point. The Taurus Judge(.45 colt) is always loaded here...

#15 ·
I have progressive. Mind is about 165 a year and covers like a car meaning medical as well uninsured etc. I started out with tx farm
Bureau but they were only covering basically theft and damage and said medical would fall under our own health ins plus they were around 350/yr. I also have insurance via Glock and Texas Law Shield. You could say I'm well rounded in the insurance dept.

#18 ·
Yuup! Progressive is the way to go. Here in Arizona, our Rangers can be street legal so good insurance is a must. Mine is Progressive. Full coverage on both a 2010 800 XP and a 2015 Crew 900 EPS $419 per year. And no, knock on wood, never had to file a claim. Bill

#19 ·
Interesting. Progressive told me usage had to be off road only. Would not insure street legal machines.

#20 ·
Mine is plated like a motorcycle would be and that is how Progressive insures me.... Motorcycle policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#23 ·
19 posts and hes mentioned Scorpionlok in 17....an't that odd.

Reactions: Griffon
#24 ·
Yeah, sometimes it's easy to get excited by a product, especially when it's one the first you get. I think I was probably the same way when I got my Viper winch 5 years ago! Any way, I'm always up for a detailed review! :smile-new:

#25 ·
I'm joking of course...not looking to ruffle feathers...

Reactions: fswan
#26 ·
I hear if you buy a Scorpionlok it will keep your feathers from ruffling

Reactions: teshreve
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.