PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Polaris 6x6 with a Wide Open Cab (Rangerware) has a max height of 75 inches. We have a 24 foot trailer that is too large for some of the access roads we need to get back for wildfires, search and rescue etc. We are selling that trailer that is 78 inches interior height with a beavertail in the last 24 inches or so. We talked to our police that also have a 6x6 and they needed to get an extra 6 inches added to their trailer. My question is; Do you think our 6x6 at 75 inches will fit in a 78 inch interior height trailer and door without a beavertail ramp cut into it? Will we need the extra 6 inches added t the 78 inches yet? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a Homesteader Challenger 7'x14' V-nose that I had to have custom built with an additional 1' in sidewall height to get the rear ramp door tall enough to get my Ranger to fit. I have a '12 Ranger 800 HD. The stock height of my 800 without the cab, is 76". I have the full Pro Steel cab with tip-out glass windshield and canvas doors. Plus I have Rigid Dually spot lights mounted on the top the cab. Even for just the Ranger alone, I couldn't find a trailer in the size I wanted with a rear ramp door that was tall enough. The standard door height seemed to be 72" (6'), and the Ranger alone was at 76". Add maybe another 2" for the cab, and add 4" for the combined height of the Rigid Dually's and bracket, I was at around 82". My trailers ramp door opening is 84" (7'). I weigh 280lbs, so when I get in the Buggy I gain an inch or so, Lol. Hope that gives you a little help.....
12Oct08_0012Aw.jpg 12Oct08_0026Aw.jpg Trailer-2Aw.jpg Trailer-Invoice-1Aw.jpg 16Oct05_0010Ew.jpg 15June04_0103Bw.jpg

Reactions: fireman5214

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you Billy, that does help alot! Very informative

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks as well jobo, Our police said we can get to their trailer open it and see what the heights are (good thing is their back parking lot and our front parking lot meet so it is close). They bought a LARK trailer. Never heard of them but the police said its pretty good, but the black easily shows the waves in the trailer sides. They don't know if the white or red will show as much but I am guessing it will possibly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just wondering if you had an update?

Reactions: fireman5214

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wondering if you had an update?
We did get a trailer. I will have to download the pics to my computer to upload here and get the details of it. I know it is an 8.5x16 Red V-Nose. I forget the brand name and it does have the extra height. Our next thing is to put a coating on the floor for it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Coolness. Glad you went with a wider trailer!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the trailer I found one night by mistake and being bored at a fireworks standby in the rain. I still need floor coating ideas for the interior and ramp. Non-slip and able to hold up to the UTV. I read the garage floor coatings can't be used on wood and that dry max requires an oil-based paint. We don't want to use bed liner in trailer. I may need to put bed liner on the undercarriage? You will see the drymax is exposed on the bottom and I think it would be best to coat that with a paint.

2019 US Cargo 8.5 x 16 foot ULAFT car trailer with an extra 6 inches in height and ramp door.
84" interior height - 80" rear door opening
16" on center floor, roof and sidewalls
4 5,000-pound d-rings
beavertail - heavy duty ramp door with flab extension - 4,000 pound capacity
white vinyl interior
7,000 GVW - 2,899 pounds empty weight
30 inch V-nose
RV latch on side door, flow through vents
radial tires with electric brakes on both axles
.030 screwless aluminum exterior
6" I beam frame - ZTech chassis undercoating
LED lighting inside & out
1-yr US Cargo warranty -- 5-yr tire warranty -- 6yr lippert axle warranty - lifetime LED warranty
36" side door
2 coat primer black paint on all exposed steel
3/4" Georgia Pacific DRY MAX floor
24" front stoneguard
ST205/75R15 Radial Tires
Trailer 1.jpg
Trailer 2.jpg
Trailer 3.jpg
Trailer 4.JPG
Trailer 5.jpg
Trailer 6.jpg
Trailer 7.jpg