PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was thinking of trading in my 2014 900 for a 2015... is the 8 hp noticeable? Can u really feel 8 hp? thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can feel the difference off the start. It's more snappy. Whether or not it's worth the extra money is up to you. Top speed didnt change.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unless you don't owe on your 14 and you got nothing better to do with some cash than pay the difference between trade and new then I don't see how it would be worth it.

Just my $.02. Your money is your business.

Reactions: slg1976

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have not driven two stock Ranger 900 machines, a 2015 and a pre-2015 Ranger. I can say that my 2015 Ranger 900 runs very well, particularly on the very bottom end from a dead stop.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Maybe keep the 14 and spend the extra money on a duraclutch?:glee::encouragement:

Reactions: Roadrunner

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just sold a 2012 teryx 4 and I'm in the market for a side by side with a dump bed. I called the local dealership today and they have a 2015 polaris ranger 900 xp asking $15,199 I got them down to $14,300 just wanting some opinions if that's a good deal. General uses- work around the house, checking cows, riding back roads, and occasional four wheeler ride and input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seems to be lots of folks moving from eh Teryx lately to the Ranger. jrm13 - I think you're the 3rd person in the past few months that has posted the same question!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Next year it will be something else, then the next year it will be something else again, this is why there are new models produced by the manufacture. Like I've always said, it only dollars and being the first kid on the block with a new toy is not money well spent in most cases. I guess we all look at our Polaris's in a different way, I look at mine is just another toy in the shop with all the others and I've never heard anyone say, Oh that's the old model don't you think you need to update it.

John

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.....I've never heard anyone say, Oh that's the old model don't you think you need to update it. John
Ditto. I hung onto my '06 XP for many years before finally selling it this past spring, but still continued to get compliments on what a cool machine it was right up until the day that I sold it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
For me, it depends on what kind of place your machine fills in your life (and garage).

My machines are 99% toys. I don't use my machine to plow, to fill deer feeders, or to even check cattle. My UTVs are for getting out with my buddies, my wife, and getting dirty. I want my machine to be fun. That's it's only job - to be fun. If it's not fun, it needs to go. I sold my 2014 Teryx4 800 because it was not fun. It was loud and it couldn't turn the 28" Terminator tires in reverse if you put it in a bind. $600 worth of clutches didn't help. So I sold it for the 2015 Ranger 900. I wanted a machine that was quiet and smooth riding.

The 2015 model with the additional 8 hp was appealing to me because more power makes this toy more fun. If I can still haul a couple of big ice chests full of suds in the bed and throw big rooster tails of sand and mud down in the river bottoms, I'm having a good time. That makes the 2015 model more appealing to me. Maybe it even has a few updates here and there over previous models... Or not. LoL.

Reactions: teshreve

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey...you've got a great machine...spend the $1200. bucks on the DuraClutch and tell how your 2014 900 is like a brand new machine...you'll loose $4k-$5k if you trade. Try the clutch and you'll upgrade your ride...and still have $$ in the bank..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I test drove a 14 deluxe and 15 xp, both 900s, and there's more snap in the 15. I felt I could tell a difference. I came home with the 15, even though they made a good offer on the 14, but I don't dig the orange at all!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I test drove a 14 deluxe and 15 xp, both 900s, and there's more snap in the 15. I felt I could tell a difference. I came home with the 15, even though they made a good offer on the 14, but I don't dig the orange at all!
I did the same thing and ended up trading my '13 in for a 15.

Mike

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
That's a good deal TMac.....enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm loving my new Ranger. I've had it off roading and been using it around the property. It's very useful for dual purposes. Glad I went with it. And so far I'm happy with the single cab version even though I have 6 in my family. I really don't think the crew would handle well in most trails without either tearing threw the trees or finagling back and forth. I can hold 3 people comfortably. And with the rear jump seat I can hold up to 6. But I don't feel comfortable with people being in the jump seat without a roll bar. I'm going to get a bigger bench seat and roll bar kit for the bed and find a way to lock the 2 cages together when it's installed so the bed can't raise up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just paid 12900 for mine in camo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts