PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the Electronic Cargo Box Lift (i.e., the overpriced linear actuator), and the instructions have the switch going in the middle panel under the Ride Command, but all of those slots are full from the factory. The ere are 2 unused places to the left of the steering wheel, which I think would be nicer to have by the door anyhow, but the writing harness that was in the kit is too short. Before I go extending the harness, what have any of the rest of you done? Is there an extension or has my dealer sold me a kit for a different model?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2 slots to the left of the steering wheel are usually where I see the light switch and the winch switch.
Maybe a 2023 thing, but I have 4 to the left. 2 are used exactly as you have seen with the winch & lights. There are 2 free, so I was thinking about doing the dump bed & then I put a "blackout" switch on my 2015 that kills the rear tail lights, so we can run all dark, so that would fill that area too.

I spoke with the dealer today & there is not a Polaris part that has longer wiring harnes or any extension to order, so I guess that I am going to cut, solider, & heat shrink them to extend it about 9-12".

· Registered
476 Posts
Why not see if the switches currently occupying those areas under the rid3e command can be moved to the slots left of the steering wheel? Maybe the harnesses connected to one of them is long enough to reach? I would try that first before modifying/adding wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts