PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I made a lock out of a piece of flat bar and locked it to the tie down in the bed with a cable. Excuse the mess.
21743074_10209684832937900_1539893928642765426_n.jpg
17309671_10208302630103693_2497689948251929874_n.jpg

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
This is such a great process to see through. Pictures are a wonderful touch to the whole story.
Slowly but surely eh!
If you are headed into adding some skid plates on it, message me so we can set up one for you.
We manufacture 100% UHMW skid plates!
That will be a future purchase once the ecu tune and duraclutch are purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
abandoned going riding today. Got free tickets for awesome seats to see UFC fight night in Pittsburgh!!

Free seats don't suck. Pics don't do the seats justice. 18 rows back. Brought my buddy and our two boys. The boys were excited to say the least!!!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Wow, that's awesome!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Went for a night ride last night with two of my cousins and their kids, whom I haven't seen in years. I let Jerry drive our rzr and Will drove his XP1K. Found out he has had a camp, 45 minutes from me for 5 years. Ironically it's the same place my son and I rode earlier this year for the first time.

Wolf's Den in kitzmiller, md. Unfortunately the property has sold and the park will be closing in November
Anyway. This was Will's here, hold my beer moment for the evening.

Right after this video we ran into a buddy of mine, who was just finishing up his ride with some friends. Trying to learn more of the local trails we have here, they took us to local reservoir. Ended up being a 3 hr ride.

I managed to bust the rivets out of my roof light bar, AGAIN!!! I'm so damn tall now with the extra height of the 30's. We were navigating up a deep washout and we were too wide to follow the wildcat trail and the 4 wheeler my buddies group were riding. So we had to straddle the ravine. No problem until the last 5 feet. The wash out was under a tree on the right side, roots exposed and I had to drop down in. BAM! Lightbar hit before my roof did. I thought the busted the lens, but it was the rivets popping. Luckily.

Zip tied and we kept on moving. All in all a fun night. Wish we could have gotten some pics but the video will have to be proof of a good time.

I'm going to get a family photo today of everyone that went riding. Unfortunately we are all together for my Grandmother's (we called her Gigi) passing. She lived 89 years and was full of life until the end. We will miss her, she has brought us all closer, and we know she is with Jesus. And our Pap Pap who she has missed for many many years. God bless everyone. Make today a great day!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
After my family from out of town left, decided to work on installing my cabelas tire tite system and the d rings for my wheel bonnets. I must say that I am impressed with both systems and either would be a great option for someone looking to secure their machine without the risk of torn ratchet straps.

Harbor freight wheel bonnets on the rzr $25 a piece x 2 plus large d rings from harbor freight and hardware ($7 x 2)

Cabelas tire tire system $40 for the pair on the ranger (includes wheel chucks) plus hardware $2

Both systems work great and keep the suspension free during travel. I prefer the cabelas system due to the lower cost and I like the design that includes wheel chucks. That way it's a perfect fit every time.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
After my family from out of town left, decided to work on installing my cabelas tire tite system and the d rings for my wheel bonnets. I must say that I am impressed with both systems and either would be a great option for someone looking to secure their machine without the risk of torn ratchet straps.

Harbor freight wheel bonnets on the rzr $25 a piece x 2 plus large d rings from harbor freight and hardware ($7 x 2)

Cabelas tire tire system $40 for the pair on the ranger (includes wheel chucks) plus hardware $2

Both systems work great and keep the suspension free during travel. I prefer the cabelas system due to the lower cost and I like the design that includes wheel chucks. That way it's a perfect fit every time.

Jeff, two things... I used those D Rings on my deck to hold down a glass table during thunder storms -- they rusted pretty quickly! Might want to paint or coat them some how. If you haven't already, make a big ole backing plate for the D Ring bolts that go through your trailer deck, water makes it through the bolt holes and will weaken the hold that rings have on the wood.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Jeff, two things... I used those D Rings on my deck to hold down a glass table during thunder storms -- they rusted pretty quickly! Might want to paint or coat them some how. If you haven't already, make a big ole backing plate for the D Ring bolts that go through your trailer deck, water makes it through the bolt holes and will weaken the hold that rings have on the wood.
Thanks Forde. I have a client who is a Line X dealer. I'll have him spray them for me when they are doing a truck bed. Great idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

Thanks to Forde's suggestion. One of my clients is hooking me up and going to spray them while they are doing a bedliner today. They are moving into their new location and today is the first day they are starting to spray again. PERFECT TIMING!!! And I love free!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's a big ol battery. Upgrade time!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Big battery, super small package. Not much larger than the factory 550cca'er. $240 delivered from batterymart.com on sale right now.

Edit: will still need to fab new a battery box/tray, It will not fit the factory tray.

2016 Mid life crisis

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Big battery, super small package. Not much larger than the factory 550cca'er. $240 delivered from batterymart.com on sale right now.

Edit: will still need to fab new a battery box/tray, It will not fit the factory tray.

2016 Mid life crisis
I don't recall anyone using a PC1400 in a Ranger before so it was research time! 2 1/2 hours of going down multiple rabbit holes but I learned a lot more about batteries. First, when I was looking up the 35-PC1400 I noticed there was also a 25-PC1400. The specs and sizes on both batteries were exactly the same. Came to find out that they are in fact exactly the same except for 35 has a Right Pos post and the 25 has a Left Pos post! Will be anxious to read about what you do to make them fit. Specs suggest that it may turn out to be the ideal battery for us! Also, one of tangents I went off on taught me even more about AGM battery construction and physics, and the reason why some chargers will refuse to charge a deeply discharged battery (and a work around!). I also discovered even more reviews that would make me shy away from the Optima brand 6-pack batteries -- they ain't what they use to be!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I just read 2 days ago on a old post from about a year ago where they ground off the tabs on the battery tray and it mounted right up. Let me see if I can find it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't recall anyone using a PC1400 in a Ranger before so it was research time! 2 1/2 hours of going down multiple rabbit holes but I learned a lot more about batteries. First, when I was looking up the 35-PC1400 I noticed there was also a 25-PC1400. The specs and sizes on both batteries were exactly the same. Came to find out that they are in fact exactly the same except for 35 has a Right Pos post and the 25 has a Left Pos post! Will be anxious to read about what you do to make them fit. Specs suggest that it may turn out to be the ideal battery for us! Also, one of tangents I went off on taught me even more about AGM battery construction and physics, and the reason why some chargers will refuse to charge a deeply discharged battery (and a work around!). I also discovered even more reviews that would make me shy away from the Optima brand 6-pack batteries -- they ain't what they use to be!
I will be installing this weekend.
Gone hunting after so this is my only shot. There is another model that is even more ideal but 30% more expensive. The 35-PCM-1500. It has accessory posts in addition to the SAE posts.
The 25-PC1400 will work as well even with swapped polarity posts, just mount sideways and flip it. that is if it's cheaper.
The posts are very close to center so even a 180 rotation might work.

2016 Mid life crisis

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Gone hunting after so this is my only shot. There is another model that is even more ideal but 30% more expensive. The 35-PCM-1500. It has accessory posts in addition to the SAE posts.
The 25-PC1400 will work as well even with swapped polarity posts, just mount sideways and flip it.

2016 Mid life crisis
Ha! Dave, You answered my question posed to Forde as I was typing it. Both of those batteries are light years ahead of stock.

Once I get my stereo project completed in the next few weeks it is going to be battery upgrade time. Gotta be able to run my tunes with the engine off for a bit. Headed to the Hatfield McCoy Outlaw trails and I have a sneaky feeling we will be stopping as much as riding

I'm not a big drinker while riding but I do love music. So I'll sip on my dew and rock out. I just want to be able to start back up once the "rest" break is over.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
The 25-PC1400 will work as well even with swapped polarity posts, just mount sideways and flip it. that is if it's cheaper.
The posts are very close to center so even a 180 rotation might work.

2016 Mid life crisis
Is this the one? They both look to be 850cca. And I missing something? Other that it not being a marine model?

Odyssey 35-PC1400T Automotive and LTV Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002496HM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cuMWzbPNA7ADX

121 - 140 of 165 Posts