PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
well another tie fell off dew to a pos rhino an damaged a bunch of **** I will never buy another rhino axel 222.jpg 934896_811963468842043_3403068542861004371_n.jpg 10730850_811963522175371_7930803219788949731_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Are you sure the axles are the problem? Rhinos seem to be highly thought of my most. What lift are you running?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
dood....first off, props on having huge balls for posting a thread called "junk A$$ Rhino axles" im sure it'll be changed but none the less...it caught my attention pretty quick. lol oh snap! Try to keep titles and stuff kid friendly cuz im sure there are other ppl searching google and stuff and swearing kinda makes all of us look bad dood. No offense, but hey..act civilized a little bit bro. Not trying to make ya angry or be a jerk, but dont want ya gettin hollared at.

but onto the issue at hand....seems as though ALL your axles are snapping in that particular spot... You sure ya aint got something together wrong? or overtightening the axle nut or something like that?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well man you the first person I've seen break a rhino at the splines.

Reactions: ydopen

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't see any twist in the splines near the break so probably not torque related. Possibly an angular issue. How high of lift?

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
dood....first off, props on having huge balls for posting a thread called "junk *** Rhino axles" im sure it'll be changed but none the less...it caught my attention pretty quick. lol oh snap! Try to keep titles and stuff kid friendly cuz im sure there are other ppl searching google and stuff and swearing kinda makes all of us look bad dood. No offense, but hey..act civilized a little bit bro. Not trying to make ya angry or be a jerk, but dont want ya gettin hollared at.
Well said WagZ......

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
While I don't consider the Rhino to be a significant upgrade, I do think (and feel most would agree) that they are superior to OEM......even if only slightly. As mentioned above, that's a pretty unusual place for one to break. If you've had multiple breaks at that same location, I'd closely evaluate the rest of the setup.

On a lesser note.......I'm not going to edit or delete your post, but please tone down the language. This has always been a family friendly site and we need to maintain that level of discretion. I'm just as guilty of the 4 letter words as anyone (well, maybe not all :playful: ) when I get mad, but I refrain from posting them here.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Didn't mean to beat a dead horse........Curt must have been typing at the same time I was entering my post.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off sorry was a lil hot at the time...but only 2" lift 2" foward a arms. . I ve never broke a stock at the spines

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yep I'm curious to know also. Also what were you doing when it broke? My buddy has rhinos on front of his ranger with 29.5 outlaws and he beats the snot out that buggy and it's never broke one. Heck I've only broke 2 stocks in 3 years of serious abuse with big heavy mud tires

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nothing...lol hit first mud hole like the last one an POP ....the other rhino on the passage side no problems yet ....ive never broke a stock unless the wheel yanks outta my hand to full lock a pops a cv but never a stub.. I called super atv today they say there goin make it right we will see if they pay for all my broken stuff due to there axle braking.. im still unsure if I even wanna keep there axles in my ranger.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
an I have always ran 30s on my ranger sense day one so nothing has changed there I mean I got 31 now but there way lighter then my last set of 30s

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well they not gonna pay for all the broke stuff. Theyll just replace axle. If they fixed everyone's bike that broke other stuff when their axle broke they would be out of bussiness. And again how many axles have you broke like this?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is the second rhino first ride with the rhino broke stub first hole they gave me another one put it in an fixed all the stuff that it messed up an first hole pop there the new one goes an destroys an the stuff I just bought that the last axle messed up except this time it broke the caliper as well.... an yes I expect them to replace at least the caliper an bracket

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
never broke stocks like this

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldnt be nearly as upset if I got more then 5 minutes of riding outta each axel...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Man there's something wrong other then axle failure. Something ain't right. I've abused the ever living crap outta rhinos and so do my buddys and nothing like that happens. It's almost like something is outta wack on your rig. I wonder if the wheel spacers are contributing to that?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
never had a problem with the stocks

1 - 20 of 68 Posts