PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a new '17 Ranger Crew EPS and would love ideas on must-have accessories. I purchased a hard top and basic windshield. Looking for information on best places to find good accessories and what add-ons everyone enjoys and uses. We will be using the Polaris for light yard work, hauling stuff up and back to the dock, riding in the woods and taking the trash cans out to the road. I would also like to figure out a way to take the dogs on rides.

I am considering arm guards, a hitch mount cargo shelf, maybe skid plates, a waterproof cover. The top I got has LED lights top mounted. I'm anxious to know if there are good web sites for buying accessories as well.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Hello and welcome to PRC! Congrats on the new ride!! Customizing your new crew is a very personal endeavor however, there are several items that are pretty general upgrades. You mentioned you have windshield, roof, and lights which is a good start. A winch is good place to start, even if you don't mud ride, they can be an invaluable asset and utilized in many other applications. Tires, wheels, lift kit, stereo, backup/rear work lights, doors......etc. The list is nearly endless but, as I stated in the beginning, it's a personal thing that you'll have to figure out as you go. Good luck and post up pics for us!

Reactions: 1r2ns

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
welcome sounds like another guys has rangeridious it never stops get help lol T&S

Reactions: 1r2ns and pitbull

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Get a LOT of seat time. When you're your cruising along and think, "I wish I had a ---------". Get it. You'll soon figure out which acc is a "need" or a "want". Now, if money is no object, the boys on the forum here will empty your wallet faster than a cheetah jumping a limping politician.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome! If you open the door the dogs usually figure out how to do it! If not bring them on your lap for a few rides and they should get the hang of it. Since you have the crew maybe consider a car dog hammock for the back.

I would say skid plates for the woods if they are unkempt trails might be a good idea, I always like to protect my bottom. I also really like having solid doors, makes you feel more safe incase of a roll over and you don't flinch from a random stick that might stab your leg. Dragonfire makes some great ones and has a pair for the crew.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulation on your new toy.

You won't have to look too far back into the threads on this forum to see what others have done to theirs. The build projects are my favorite topics, just when you think you've seen it all, someone comes up with a cool new idea.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have years of experience to research here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I have been looking at wenches (not the pirate variety) and hadn't thought about doors yet. I will keep checking for new ideas and post my progress. I have a Harley so I know how easy it is to get the fever.:emmersed: !

·
Read Only
0 Posts
As previously mentioned there is no end to the mods you could "want". I'm in the same boat but a little further down the road. Mods are pretty much Electrical, Structural or Suspension based. It all depends on what you want from each. Because I'm an (AC) electrician and I plan on adding various lights for not driving, I'm starting with a fuse box to make all future upgrades easier. Then suspension, probably with an Outkast 3" forward A arm lift to fit 30" tires. If you start thinking about tires you will quickly be faced with myriad options to accomplish your goal. I second the DragonFire Racing doors, can't wait to get a set for my crew. Good luck, and like they said, plenty of reading material here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts