PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days old with 30 miles. AC and heat don't work at all. Called dealer said to check the fuses. Fuses are good but no AC or Heat. Now I have to put it on the trailer and bring it back for service. Not good when it is a new expensive Ranger.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wouldn’t be happy either.

·
Registered
2019 Ranger Northstar 1000 XP FS EPS LE
20 Posts
Oh boy. It Should have been ready when you give it a test drive. Did you check both when you did the test drive?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have had mine for 2 weeks. I must say they have no quality control on the line, I do have heat and air but no ride command Nav, like you has to go back to dealer. I will wait until after hunting season, make sure you check for loose nut and bolts. I had several 😡 like you a little disappointed in the quality control of the factory for what this machine cost.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
163 Posts
To me this is also the fault of the dealer. They should check all systems before each vehicle goes out. But it would appear they do not.

They just want to sell units.

Fortunately, all systems were a go in my '20 NS...

Reactions: krpete

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if they came out of the same Factory. Or if it is an issue with all Polaris's factories.
There’s quite a bit of assembly that takes place at the dealer. They ship them pretty flattened out! Anything that can get wet will get wet, they park them outside until they are ready to assemble. Roll cages, doors, winshilds, roofs all that stuff so good chance something didn’t get plugged in. After seeing that when I went to the dealer. I will definitely be getting some blue locktite and check for loose parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There’s quite a bit of assembly that takes place at the dealer. They ship them pretty flattened out! Anything that can get wet will get wet, they park them outside until they are ready to assemble. Roll cages, doors, winshilds, roofs all that stuff so good chance something didn’t get plugged in. After seeing that when I went to the dealer. I will definitely be getting some blue locktite and check for loose parts.
My dealer said the Northstars come in pretty much assembled.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
1st lesson, "pretty much" is don't believe everything the dealer says. Nice bikes fellas. Personally I would figure out what is wrong myself and compare their findings under warranty.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2019 Ranger Northstar 1000 XP FS EPS LE
20 Posts
I did check everything I could see and touch last December when bought mine. Mine would sometime not shift into high properly and would fall out of gear. It was at the 100 hour service that my "Nightmare" began.....
You guys might be at an advantage to check this at the 25 and 50 hour service.
See my thread- 2019 Northstar Crankshaft seal oil leak

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer said the Northstars come in pretty much assembled.
Not so. All the stuff I said was flat in the bed. Should have snapped a couple pics.
I did check everything I could see and touch last December when bought mine. Mine would sometime not shift into high properly and would fall out of gear. It was at the 100 hour service that my "Nightmare" began.....
You guys might be at an advantage to check this at the 25 and 50 hour service.
See my thread- 2019 Northstar Crankshaft seal oil leak
oh boy! You needed a rebuild after 100 hours? Not nice! Sorry man,

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Not so. All the stuff I said was flat in the bed. Should have snapped a couple pics."

I was in their yard and they had generals and sleds in crates, but besides the one northstar in the showroom. They had two in the yard and unless they assembled them first, they were pretty much with the cab assembled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Not so. All the stuff I said was flat in the bed. Should have snapped a couple pics."

I was in their yard and they had generals and sleds in crates, but besides the one northstar in the showroom. They had two in the yard and unless they assembled them first, they were pretty much with the cab assembled.
Yes I was partly wrong, but found that out a good way! Went for a ride this morning and found a brand new northstar trail boss crew! And had my name on it! Took a little ride! They hadn’t even done the dealer prep! I will pick it up on Monday Non northstar are flattened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts