PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Perfect and in a nutshell ..........."K&N filters, and those of similar design, are designed for performance applications where the requirement for power output exceeds the need for longevity "

Registered
I have to ask...so do We believe that the Wix air filters are better than OE, or just less expensive? Or both馃榿

Registered
I have to ask...so do We believe that the Wix air filters are better than OE, or just less expensive? Or both馃榿
Being there are only two major oil filter manufactures in the US ......Fram & WIX....... There is a really good chance 50/50 that POLARIS filters are WIX and I have seen comparisons that dissect them and others and I am using the WIX .
ps...............I like the price to...

Registered
Ive used the Wix XP filter for a year or two now. I thought the XP was for synthetic only oil.

Registered
Stainless your right, it's made for among other things extended run oils, all of which are synthetic, the ones that say you can run 15,000 miles between changes. I really don't see a problem with them but try to use a standard filter long run and it will probably plug, makes me question why the XP can go longer. I doubt any of us will do extended run on these units and I'm sure Wix will stand behind their products so either is a good choice.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts