PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. It's a bit against my nature to ask for help, but I feel this is worth mentioning.

My wife and I are parents of 3 healthy lovely kids. we are pregnant with #4, about 21 weeks along.

After an ultra-sound today, we find that this young child has cysts in his/her brain. although common in children under 16 weeks, not as common in children after that. if the child carries them to delivery, there's a good chance of a stillborn baby. if the child lives, there's a good chance the child may not live to see it's 1st b-day.

we go back in 4 weeks to do a follow-up and see if the cysts are still there or gone.. At this point it is more hype than fact that anything could be wrong, but as a parent, I feel it's our duty to do all we can to protect our children.

This is me asking you if you wouldn't mind keeping our family and this young child in your prayers. for a good pregnancy and that this child's health will work out for the best, even though I believe it will.

I was quite upset when the ultrasound tech told us that the reason they do these ultrasounds at 20 weeks was in case they find something wrong with the baby, and the parents wanted to "do something" about it.... I wouldn't care if this baby had 1 leg and 6 fingers, I'd still love it because it's out gift from the Lord. What a Godless society we've become. so sad.

Thanks again to you all, and thank you for your support.

Adam

·
Registered
357 Posts
Prayers sent. May God bless your family!

·
Registered
273 Posts
You're family is in our prayers. I couldn't agree with you more!

Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
You will certainly be in my wife's and my prayers.

We are 30 weeks along on our first child and I can't imagine facing what you are right now.

God bless!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
prayers for you and yours, going to be a long 4 weeks, keep your mind occupied with good thoughts. Went through the same thing with my first granddaughter, diagnosed with turners syndrome, outlook was not good a 1% chance of survival, happy 4 year old today so miracles do happen.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Absolutely, thoughts and prayers coming your way.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your support and prayers...

Our very first child we lost at about 19 weeks. We were devastated as new parents. But low and behold, the Lord saw fit to bless us with 3 more, and now the 4th. I'm confident that things will workout for the best. God already knows the future of this child and it's parents. Since it's a sin to worry, we will trust that the Lord knows best in all cases and trust His judgement. Although, if we pray, He does listen.

thanks again everyone, quite the family here ;)

Adam

·
Registered
44 Posts
my prayers are with you, hope everything turns out good.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
We'll be praying for you and your family, Adam. Stay strong, keep the faith, and everything will work out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Prayers sent

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
prayers sent T&S

·
Registered
439 Posts
Adam, Here is a prayer for you to share with your wife that may be appropriate and instill hope and comfort.

Lord God,

I praise you for your compassion and goodness.

Marvelous are your healing mercies.

Lord, as sickness has invaded my little ones world, I stand by watching and feeling helpless. but Lord, I am reminded that I am not helpless, but powerful in prayer.

I lift up to you my precious child, and I ask for your healing power to fully permeate every part of my child's body.

Lord, I ask that my child's body be quickly transformed into radiant health as you respond to prayer and your healing promises in your Word.

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some amazing folks on here.i stand in agreement with them .Prayers for your little one as well as you and your wife.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts