PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the grand scheme of life, this is really minor. Yet, I found myself sitting in the local dealership and a little miffed during this process. This evolves around the center rim caps and a plastic plug from my door. I am an easy rider with my XP1000. Yet, I continuously lose center caps from my wheels. The cost to replace them.... $19.99 each. Then I lose a 2x3 inch plastic piece from one of my full doors, which I just paid $2200 for last fall. I go to the dealership to get a replacement plug and they want $32 for one. Do I need the center caps or the plastic door plug? Probably not. But for what I paid for this machine and the doors, things like this shouldn't have to be replaced regularly. I'm not sure if the caps serve a function. Maybe to keep some dirt from the inner wheel, I don't know. But my machine looks like a car with two hub-caps missing (For those of you that remember hub caps) and I don't like it. Plus there is a large gapping hole in the door where the plug fell out. Well, after some negotiating and some phone calls, they decided to warranty the plastic plug, but not the center caps. Anyone else losing parts like caps or door pieces?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wouldn’t be happy either. I’ve had my 2017 for 2 years including snow plowing and my wheel caps are still on.

I do wonder if your dealer is part of the issue. It might be worth a call to Polaris.

·
Registered
697 Posts
But if they made them they may not give a da* if they fit. Had a engineer friend that said if QC took a break workers would let substandard products go out the door to get better production numbers. Be glad its not critical parts.
The engines still assembled in Mexico?

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
haha. Those caps are injection molded. Shy of changing the mold or plastic compound, there isn't a whole lot you can do to screw one up. The only quality issue here is the engineers level of education that designed the garbage center cap in the first place. They've been falling off for far longer than we've had a trade war.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Friend of mine has a machine shop, no CNC's but well outfitted and more of a fix and fab, has made a dam good living fixing supposable machined parts from China bringing them into specs, after all what's cheaper fixing or sending back.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I'd sure hate to buy a Ranger a piece at a time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
2013 and 6 years of pretty rough snow plowing and around the block drive has not dropped any center caps Maybe the molds are getting worn?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I've used the GE 100% silicone to stick a lot of crap on or together over the years. I had one buddy put a tailpipe extension on his E100 van. A good bead of silicone and jam it on it lasted for several years till the rest of the van fell apart.
So if I was replacing a hub cap again I'd use something to make sure it won't fall off again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts