PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing your advise on which 2019 Ranger would be best suited for lawn work. A Ranger that has good turning radius, one that is the quietest, & 4WD, basically a golf cart with 4WD.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Doesn't the EV have 4 wheel drive. I seen one at the dealer this AM. Would be no noise as its electric! Couple more years till the new battery technology comes with many more times the capacity of Pb or Li
Welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that a gas engine would be more cost effective plus reliable. The 570 is my guess that would be the best choice, but the engine may be to noisy!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would go with gas engine....regardless of model you select it will be quite than any lawnmower..weedeater..edger or chainsaw. Way quite than a gas air blower.

I would say the 570 or Kawasaki Mule. The Mule is well built and has basic manual controls for 4wd and rear wheel locker.

Either will fit the bill...I would go take them for a spin and compare how they fit ya.

I would see if you could rent one for a weekend and use the hell out of it...by the end you will know if it's for you or not.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
On the hunting shows I see BadBoy buggies and a ton of other golf cart type 4x4 rigs. I would think with Textron and Bass Pro joining forces price and model choice would be another company to look at.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On the hunting shows I see BadBoy buggies and a ton of other golf cart type 4x4 rigs. I would think with Textron and Bass Pro joining forces price and model choice would be another company to look at.
I work on those that you mentioned and in my experience parts and informational resources are the biggest problems. There are almost limitless options on where to get parts (OEM and aftermarket) for the majors brands, e.g. Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. Not so much for the Textron, Hisun, Massimo, Bass Pro, etc. By informational resources, I mean places like this site, downloadable service manuals and the like. I'm a warranty service center for Coleman that Tractor Supply sells (just a Hisun in disguise) and you should see the factory service manual. It will tell me not to drop or submerge a particular sensor in water but give me 0 specs. No voltage measurements, resistance specs, nothing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm a novice mechanic at best but do all the work I can on my own stuff....I have worked on several Mules for friends including axle swaps, front lifts and steering alignment etc...I have to say the Mule is worth a look...I like my bobcat and it has amenities the mule doesn't and rides like a Cadillac in comparison to the Mule...but the Mule is a heavy duty rig. Rear axles are u joint... the hubs are bigger and lugs are twice the size as polaris. The ones I've worked on have drum brakes as an example.... they're very utilitarian but stout.

If you are trail riding or rough terrain then buy a kidney belt so you don't pee blood though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've crawled around those coleman's a few times. They are actually well setup for the price but the suspension and mechanics are underwhelming to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the EV would be heavier, but may not. My ‘17 Ranger Midsize 570 has turf mode/one wheel drive. It seems to work in the yard pretty well, but it still puts dents where the treads are when I have a load.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a midsize 500, a full size 570, a Mule 610, and the old full size 500 (now dh357's). We got the Mule first, love it, not getting rid of it, the wife loves it for taking out the trash. Steel bed, manual shifters for 4wd and diff lock, great for utility work, however it is carbureted, not fuel injected, and it is limited to 25 mph, and has no independent rear suspension, but its great for what we use it for. I bought the full size 500 next and it started us on our Ranger journey, it doesn't see a lot of use now and I gave it to my son-in-law. I love my mid size 500 for trail riding, and running around the farm, has a lot more pep, smoother suspension and will go anywhere, its been to several states and over several mountains. I bought the full size 570 for the kids and grandkids and it now has a rear cage and seats in the bed. It definitely has more power, little less maneuverable but its a great machine and many of the dealers run some great deals on them later in the summer (year end closeouts). That is when we bought it.

There are pros and cons for all of them. Any of them would make a great yard machine, I would say look at your local dealers and see which fits your needs the best. Dealer service, aftermarket parts availability and ease of maintenance are also big factors.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tsc or Cabellas? Pro shop? The ones I've seen where Coleman brand at tsc. I meant to say mechanicals were underwhelming..not mechanics by the way.

The ones I've seen ALL had busted parts somewhere....such as cargo bed, dash components or cargo bed latch system. Seemed too big to have a one banger motor too.....tie rods and suspension parts seemed lightweight to me too.

Lord only knows where you get parts and I know tsc doesnt carry replacement parts for them. Turn around twice and tsc will move on to another brand.

We do have a go kart buggy I got from tsc over 10 years ago...can't find steering parts for it and tsc shrugs their shoulders saying hmmm...didnt know we ever sold those.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Tsc or Cabellas? Pro shop? The ones I've seen where Coleman brand at tsc. I meant to say mechanicals were underwhelming..not mechanics by the way.

The ones I've seen ALL had busted parts somewhere....such as cargo bed, dash components or cargo bed latch system. Seemed too big to have a one banger motor too.....tie rods and suspension parts seemed lightweight to me too.

Lord only knows where you get parts and I know tsc doesnt carry replacement parts for them. Turn around twice and tsc will move on to another brand.

We do have a go kart buggy I got from tsc over 10 years ago...can't find steering parts for it and tsc shrugs their shoulders saying hmmm...didnt know we ever sold those.
IMHO, finding replacement parts for any of the Chinese machines will be the biggest problem. There may be someone out there that has them but I doubt they have a large inventory and you may wait months for a part to come from China.

Maybe someone with actual experience will tell me I'm wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lawn Ranger Needed

IMHO, finding replacement parts for any of the Chinese machines will be the biggest problem. There may be someone out there that has them but I doubt they have a large inventory and you may wait months for a part to come from China.

Maybe someone with actual experience will tell me I'm wrong.
I went to Cabela's site, and the Intimidator UTV's are very impressive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Rackerskj556
PRC Polaris Ranger Club
PRCforum is the best Polaris forum community to discuss RZR 1000, Crew 900, PRC Ranger Club, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, RZR 570, HD, 170, RZR-S, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, ORV, side by side, SSW and off-road information.
Full Forum Listing