PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most light for the money for led light bar for the roof or would a smaller bar mounted in front of the grille be ok?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Search Matt on here. He is one of the sponsors. Top notch all the way around. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Search Matt on here. He is one of the sponsors. Top notch all the way around. You won't be disappointed.
X2:glee::encouragement: "Light it up OffRoad" in the sponsor forum will work, too.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have two spot 6" LED bars from Rigid Industries. They light up the road side extremely well about 75' in front of the Ranger. I have mine aimed just slightly to the side of the road. Cost-wise, Rigid Industries is quite expensive. If I were to do it again I would buy some cheap knock-offs, but maybe in an 8" or 10" size, and possibly a hybrid (spot/flood) instead of just spot.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
A couple of 6 inchers is plenty to get work done and get you through the densest bush, a 20" light bar will help you track down a not-so-clean-shot deer at night, and a 50" light bar will light up the dark side of the moon - from inside your garage! The higher you mount them, the more useful they are. That being said, a 10" or 12" mounted on your front bumper ain't gonna be no slouch either!

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
image.jpg
Justgot this puppy in today. Headed to install now

Reactions: fswan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get all the light you can afford if you like night riding. Lots of choices online, I have a 50' curved on roof line, 24" curved on front bumper and 24" on back roof line. lights the woods on fire. make sure when mounting roof line that you can still remove roof and windshields, I used a roof mount bracket for F150 and welded it to the frame. see attached View attachment 7688

·
Registered
288 Posts
Get all the light you can afford if you like night riding. Lots of choices online, I have a 50' curved on roof line, 24" curved on front bumper and 24" on back roof line. lights the woods on fire. make sure when mounting roof line that you can still remove roof and windshields, I used a roof mount bracket for F150 and welded it to the frame. see attached View attachment 7688
Are you running a dual battery setup to power those front light bars?

·
Registered
60 Posts
image.jpg
That's a 50 inch off Amazon gave $115. Works great. Several others on our lease are using these as well. So far no problems with them. Single battery is all I have. I have left it on for almost three hours an buggy started right up.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
This one is 52" for $95. Some of these seem so cheap that I would be reluctant to buy just one. I would instead go with two 20" bars maybe.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have two 27 watts on the front roof. 18 watt in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interesting that the 52" bar's description no longer indicates use of CREE LED emitters. The 23" and 32" sizes on that same page do indicate CREE, but the price is a bit higher for smaller units.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have you had any of the moisture issues that are complaints about the unit in the Amazon reviews??

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Besides the LED light bars I mentioned earlier in the thread I have a pair of 10" Rigid Industries bars mounted under the rear bumper of my truck. I've had water up to the bumper so I know those lights have been underwater. Plus all the rain, snow, ice and car washes they deal with. I have zero moisture issues with them. Maybe there's something to be said about paying for quality after all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts