PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new Ranger and quickly realized I couldn't see crap at night. I am desperately in need for some cabin light so I figured I would see what you guys are doing for lights? Thoughts and pics are great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dome Light

I purchased little battery powered LED Dome light from Amazon.com that straps to the roll cage. It work well for my needs and you have no wires to run and it is under $20.00. Hope the info helps you. Rampage 769801 Roll Bar Mount LED Light
Bumper

·
Registered
431 Posts
That'll work!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just used the very stick on led light Works great and I can remove it as many times as I want to use it as a flashlight while hunting Only cost 8 bucks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a couple of LED magnetic lights on the front cross piece, works good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am going to start off with this little light, and see how it fairs. I bought 3 of them
form Harbor Freight for about $3.50 ea. There is a magnet on the back so it will
attach anywhere there is metal, and it is nice and bright. I suppose it can be in the
glove compartment and used anywhere on the Ranger that there is metal to attach
it to. Light Product Emergency light Automotive lighting Auto part

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Guys, the LED strips I linked to will blow all the others away and cost less than many of them. I have one of the other type and you cannot even tell it is there when the light strip is on maximum setting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a led light from vivid racing, made a simple mounting plate that mount to the factory mounting location on the underside of the roof,wired it to a Otrattw switch . Simple , clean and more than bright enough to light up the entire cab.
Black Wall Technology Asphalt Room

Light Automotive lighting Technology Rectangle Electronic component

Vehicle Car

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the best way to go now is the RGB light strips. On white it will light up the cab and bed like daylight and they can be dimmed and changed to any color. I ran them around the inside of the rollcage. They will also light up the bed really good and around the vehicle. Amazon.com: ADX LED-STRIP-NA Strip 16.4FT SMD Water-Resistant 300LEDs RGB Flexible LED Strip Light Lamp Kit Plus 44 Key IR Remote Controller: Home Improvement
Thx for the info but have a few questions.........

How did you power the LEDs?

Can cut any length as I am just looking at a strip the is 60" long?

How did you stick them to the roof and do they come loose at all?

The controller is remote an do you have any issues with reception?

What colors can I make the LEDs and will all the colors dim to the level I set?

Will the lights default at ON or will they always turn on to whatever the last setting was?

Appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Thx for the info but have a few questions.........

How did you power the LEDs? I ran fused 12v to them from bus. Also added a 12v combo cig and USB plug on roof also, very handy.

Can cut any length as I am just looking at a strip the is 60" long? Yes you can cut these any length you want.

How did you stick them to the roof and do they come loose at all? They have sticky tape on them but I also tie wrapped them. You could use whatever method you wanted but the stocky tape is not good enough to last on its own. I ran mine all the way around the top inside of the cage.

The controller is remote an do you have any issues with reception? No. I actually just used a piece of velcro and stuck mine to the roof over my head so it would not get lost, dropped or wet.

What colors can I make the LEDs and will all the colors dim to the level I set? They turn any color or pattern you want at the touch of a button and yes, brightness can be set on any color or pattern. They also have a pattern that fades in and out on whatever color automatically.

Will the lights default at ON or will they always turn on to whatever the last setting was? They come on to the previous setting but one touch will made them whatever you want.

Appreciate the help!! No problem. If you look at the youtube video in my signature you can see mine at the 9:50 minute mark.
These are really neat lights for what they can do.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
By chance do you have a picture of how you did the power source? I am kind of confused.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the best way to go now is the RGB light strips. On white it will light up the cab and bed like daylight and they can be dimmed and changed to any color. I ran them around the inside of the rollcage. They will also light up the bed really good and around the vehicle. http://www.amazon.com/ADX-LED-STRIP...id=1423994598&sr=8-5&keywords=RGB+light+strip
Did this ship from China? Last time I had a heck of a time dealing with a wrong shipment. Delay after delay.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I am going to start off with this little light, and see how it fairs. I bought 3 of them
form Harbor Freight for about $3.50 ea. There is a magnet on the back so it will
attach anywhere there is metal, and it is nice and bright. I suppose it can be in the
glove compartment and used anywhere on the Ranger that there is metal to attach
it to. View attachment 9217
Two of them

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.