PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i was hoping for some ideas..found out no one is making a direct fit radio and speakers for a 2019 mid size ranger.

here is what i have done so far

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, bought all new black hardware with rubber washers, the photo is just them attached with 2 machine screws. They will be attached with 4 bolts once the hardware comes in. Gaskets between the pods and roof.

Im in the process of running speaker wire to the rear, having a profit cage doesn't allow you many options to hide the wire. I bought a dual speaker enclosure, had to cut it down because of how deep it was, but will be mounted in the rear. will post photos when im done

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great I have the same radio issue but i have not installed it yet, what did you use to fill in the gap for the radio pocket ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great I have the same radio issue but i have not installed it yet, what did you use to fill in the gap for the radio pocket ?
i ended up using a sheet of textured abs plastic from amazon. after 3 failed attempts of finding the right size, i went with this one:

Its 1/8" thick. I cut it down to size than used a sanding wheel to perfect it. The back of the radio is a cylinder, so i used this tool to cut the circle out..used the same to cut my speaker pods:

Mibro Adjustable-Radius Hole Cutter - best $15 i ever spent

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also---is it a radio? Am/FM or bluetooth only? Waterproof?

yep i bolted the front pods directly to the roof, i found black screws, rubber washers and lock washers to secure them. The rear I'm bolting it to the rear brace of the cage.

The radio is all..am/fm, bluetooth and waterproof. I purchased a soft wire antenna from amazon and reception is even good inside the garage with door closed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts