PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a satv 3" lift. Axles measure 15 to 16 degree angle.
are a arms or aftermarket axles necessary?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Those angles are great...if all else is stock i wouldnt feel the need to upgrade the axles, what is surprising is that your angles are so shallow with a 3" lift, i think the stock angle hovers around 17deg or so....

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Not sure what the question is... are you planning on larger tires? If you are keeping your 26's, jack up the buggy and let the wheels go to full droop. If you feel binding, then you'll probably need after market axels eventually - usually (there are exceptions!) 2" lifts are ok with stock axels - 3" can be pushing it depending on your riding style.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the angle concerned me. I checked it with two different inclinometers and got the same reading on front and rear. I guess I'll go to the dealer and measure a stock machine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires are 26" bighorns on 12" itp wheels, so other than maybe slightly taller they are stock size. I have a rattle in the driveline when in turf or 2 wd. It goes away when in 4wd. I've read about oil levels and Hilliard cage etc. all appears ok. Driving style is fairly tame unless buggy is loaded
when hunting maybe in rougher terrain.
ill jack it up and check axles at full droop.
thanks for the input

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let me know how that lift works for you..ive been looking at the SATV forward arms and their 3" lift for my '15 900xp

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know how that lift works for you..ive been looking at the SATV forward arms and their 3" lift for my '15 900xp
The lift is good and easy to install. It's on the ranger in the picture on my signature, just a small picture and hard to see. The issue I have is a rattle in the driveline in turf or 2wd. It goes away in 4wd. I am considering forward a arms and axles for larger tires and wheels but was trying to figure out why I have the rattle first. I've read some crew 900 owners have the noise and others don't. Maybe I'll just have to live with it. Just annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts