PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I have a 15 900 xp ranger ordered at the local dealership right now. I am wanting to run 31 TSLs or LTBs. I would even be ok with 29s. I am wanting to see pics of anyone that has already done this setup. I also would like to know how much lift I am going to have to run. I am hoping a 3in outkast full a-arm lift will clear them along with an extra 1in lift in the front. This is because I like the front to sit higher than the rear. Thanks in advance for any help or questions you all can answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea. Should I be looking for forward a-arms or arched a-arms...or both. Please advise who I should go with. I said outkast because of the price. I am new to Rangers. I have always had trucks. Thanks

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I believe that you'll need forward A-arms to clear 31's......arched arms are optional and not really necessary, but they do provide a little extra ground clearance and I would certainly recommend them if you're going to replace the arms anyway.

You "might" get away with only a lift (no forward A-arms) to clear 29's, but it will be VERY close. I think it will rub at full turn with the suspension compressed.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend a 3" lift unless you don't mind upgrading axles in the near future. The 31's will put a load on the CV's, but the angle of the 3" lift will be even worse for them.

Give John at Backwoods Armor a call. He can tell you what you need and hook you up with it.

Reactions: RPRES

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here is my setup image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Having had 30's with SATV forward arms and a 2" bracket lift, I can say that forward arms are necessary. I would rub at full lock on the inner fender well, especially during compression.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Look up slowroller on here his 900 is setup with 31 swampers. I have them on my 800 also and love them. I highly recommend limit straps. The right length ones will save your axles but unless something changed in the '15s your will need new rears because 900 rears are famously weak. 31s done right are lots of work and money but sure are fun, Plan on a good clutching upgrade too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/154-ranger-xp-900-discussions/48837-backwoods-31-ltbs-16-kore-slowroller-s-thread.html

Above is a link to some pics of 900 on 31x11.50r16 LTB's. As others have stated above, you'll need forward arms in addition to lift, to clear 31's. If you're just set on that "California Rake", with the front end higher... I'd suggest maybe trying no lift in the rear, with 3" in front. There's no issue with clearance in the rear, really. Also, if you're going with arched control arms, the rear will have 1"-1.5" lift anyway because the shock mount is on the lower arm. I say this, just to keep from increasing cv angles any more than you have to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Expat I appreciate the info. That is an awesome ride. That is the exact tire and wheel combo I am looking at.

Slowroller I love your setup. Hell I should just buy yours and save myself some trouble. Lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
A good friend of mine did the same thing to his '14 (pic below). I have two other buddies that have done the same to theirs, after driving mine. Everyone is very pleased with the set up. I'm certain you will be to.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Seen this one yesterday while I was picking up my unit. These are 42.5 super swamper boggers image.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
How well do the super swamper tires go in the mud? I have 31 outlaws and i know they will not go near as good as those but have been thinking of trying some.

·
Registered
975 Posts
They're Super Swampers... They were made for mud. Outlaws will most likely outshine them in some scenarios, but I haven't been there yet. I've followed many machines on OL's and 'Backs, and made it everywhere they'd go. So they'll definitely hold their own.
I've run OL's on previous machines, and loved them. But I'll never run 'em again, on a SxS at least, it'll be LTB's. These tires have OL's beat in every aspect: ride, handling, tread life, (not as likely to break stuff) etc.... Except for maybe the nastiest mud hole imaginable. But that's what I have front & rear winches for.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I agree with Dean.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know what they will do on a truck but not convinced they are near as good in the mud than an outlaw or any other atv tire comparable. I could be wrong but just don't see it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If mud is your main riding type then no I'd go with OL2 but the SS will do really well in mud and blow any ATV mud tire away in every other aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Truck tires will.never compare to outlaws or silverbacks. Truck tires have to be spun entirely too fast to clean out. They have their place and it's not on an atv. Look up polaria ranger on 33 super swamps on youtube, it's quit pathetic

·
Registered
975 Posts
Well Ol' boy, I'm running 31's, and a 900 spins them plenty fast enough to clean out. Sorry to rain on your parade, but there's nothing pathetic about this one. I guess there's always an exception to your rules. These tires weigh no more than a 30" OL radial, but a good bit taller. I haven't compared weights with OL or OL2 in comparable height, so can't comment there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Joyce I have to agree with you. Although I do think they look bad A on a ranger I would just have to see one in person follow me to be a true believer. Dean not trying to be an A hole but there has to be a reason you have a winch front and back unless you just enjoy being that guy that pulls everyone out. Personally I hate being that guy therefore I never have a winch on my rigs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts