PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upgrading tires & lifting 2014 570 Midsize help needed

Okay, I am going to bite the bullet and modify my Ranger. As stated I have a '14 570 LE EPS midsize that is bone stock. I want to get ready for riding next year. I will be trying to hang with a bunch of RZRs, of course they will be going deep while I will not. I know that I will need better than stock tires and lift it for clearance. I would like to use my stock wheels and replace the tires. The stock tires are 25x8-12 & 25x11-12. I do not want to go crazy on the lift, I figure a couple of inches will help me clear bigger tires. This is my first SXS & I am clueless on what I need. I have 5 years left on my warranty and do not want to void it. So I can't get crazy. Help me out!!!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You'll get better results from just doing forward a arms. You can fit up to 29" tires with just arms. Lifting it won't get you much clearance, forward arms are what gives you the clearance on the front.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good luck with keeping up with the rzr's. They are riding on better shocks and can glide over the terrain where you won't. I know as I have been trying to keep up the last two weekends. lol. I have 26 x 9 x 12 on front and 26 x 10 x 12 on the back and no lift. Just becareful when they decide to go sideways on the hill your rig might be more tippy. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Learn your machine and you will follow them all day. Down here in the south I follow all the razrs through the worst of conditions easily. Just gotta set up your machine correctly

·
Registered
891 Posts
Jayce has this one nailed!
It's all about knowing your own skills and the limitations of your machine! The more you ride the better it will perform! The wooded windy terrain we ride in here tends to slow everyone down and the 570 has plenty of pop to slide the rear in turns so I don't really feel any handicap with the Ranger! Don't get me wrong, the RZR guys will try their hardest to lose you and it either ticks them off or impresses them when you stay right there! We ride with 800 and 570 RZRs and have yet to see anyone "fit" a 900/1000 on our wooded trails!
Also, better tires will make a world of difference on how your ride will handle and the traction you get! Tailor you tire choice to the style of riding you do and you will be a happy camper!

Cheers

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what i am thinking of doing. Please let me know what you think.

Backwoods Armor Arched Forward & Rear A-arms
Moto Sport Alloy M12 Wheels 14 x 7
Terminator 28x10-14 Tires

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah that setup will work fine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will I have clearance issues or do I need to add a SuperATV 2" lift?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Shouldnt. I ran around with 28" outlaw radials with just forward a arms just to see how it did when I first got mine. It looks funny cause the tires are so big and fill up the fender wells alot but it works fine.

·
Registered
891 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Terms run a little undersize also.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
No actually the 28 terms run a little tall

·
Registered
974 Posts
Okay, I am going to bite the bullet and modify my Ranger. As stated I have a '14 570 LE EPS midsize that is bone stock. I want to get ready for riding next year. I will be trying to hang with a bunch of RZRs, of course they will be going deep while I will not. I know that I will need better than stock tires and lift it for clearance. I would like to use my stock wheels and replace the tires. The stock tires are 25x8-12 & 25x11-12. I do not want to go crazy on the lift, I figure a couple of inches will help me clear bigger tires. This is my first SXS & I am clueless on what I need. I have 5 years left on my warranty and do not want to void it. So I can't get crazy. Help me out!!!!
I used the Marshall Motoart 2.5" lift kit, same unit as you and really like the performance/function.

570 crew at creek side.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here is what i am thinking of doing. Please let me know what you think.

Backwoods Armor Arched Forward & Rear A-arms
Moto Sport Alloy M12 Wheels 14 x 7
Terminator 28x10-14 Tires[/QUOTE

I have the BA arched forward arms with a 2" lift built in with 29.5 terms. image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Wrong section buddy, you have a full size, totally different setup

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far I have ordered the following:

Backwoods Armor Arched Forward A-Arms
Backwoods Armor Arched Rear A-Arms
Marshall MotoArt 2.5" Lift Kit

Still deciding on which wheels I want.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So far I have ordered the following:

Backwoods Armor Arched Forward A-Arms
Backwoods Armor Arched Rear A-Arms
Marshall MotoArt 2.5" Lift Kit

Still deciding on which wheels I want.
Have you installed any of it yet? I'm about at the same point at you, wanting a lift or forward/arched arms, but will be buying tires/rims in the spring. Would like 28s, but would settle for 27s. I know 27s will fit fine with a lift, without forward arms. I like the arched arms because everywhere we ride here is rutted out. I could expect about 4" more clearance with a lift and 27s, but would it look right?

2015 Ranger 570 mid
EMP full front windshield
Polaris poly rear glass
Custom rear and underbed mud guards
Planned: Tires, wheels, lift, arch arms, winch, stereo

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'll tell you from seeing it in person a lifted anger on 27s look weird to me, tires are too small.

Reactions: wilfreeman

·
Registered
54 Posts
My brother has 27" swamp lites on his rzr - I guess I could swap tires with him to see how it looks, then go from there.

2015 Ranger 570 mid

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like that Boozer! That's the stance/look I want. Any problems with the forward and like everybody is taking about? What lift did you go with, and do you like the ride? Are the Mongrels actually 28" tall?

2015 Ranger 570 mid

1 - 20 of 62 Posts