PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2014 Ranger Browning edition and I have an aluminum double snowmobile trailer. I have 2 snowmobiles and figured I'd use the trailer for my ranger. I know the issues trying to load on the trailer (getting it to tilt and having to drive it up backwards). I am looking for ramps that do not break the bank account LOL as I can load it without having the ramps. Came across a set of, I believe ridemasters (?) that are short in length and wide for the wheels and seem to be perfect for loading on a low trailer (think they were 48" in length). Would like to know what you would recommend as I cannot seem to be able to locate this brand in Canada
Sorry if this seems long

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys for the replies. Not in the cards for the bigger tires lol and I will look at that site for this the ramps. Biggest problem I would see is the shipping cost. I ordered my light bar and the shipping charge was around 30 bucks. When I received the light from ups, I had to pay an xtra 103 bucks to get the package. This amounted to around 40% in xtra cost. Therefore, getting a decent set of ramps from the US is hard as most ramps will ship ups. I will check out those ramps now

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok will do. I checked northern but again, shipping killed me

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liked the ridemaster as they are 5 ft but they are I think 16in wide for 249 plus shipping. Then they say cod for ups duties etc. don't plan on getting burned again lol. Hopefully find something like now on eBay where u will know the duties/shipping up front

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can't you just use short planks to drive on the tilted trailer? Will they hold the back of the trailer down as the rear tires drive on them until the rear axle gets on the trailer?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the same set up, I use Atv loading ramps from Canadian Tire. Steal ones 6 ft i think.

I also use a jack stand under the back of the trailer when loading.
I put a bolt through the tilt feature of the trailer in the summer to keep the pin from wearing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also I use to back mine on till I lost the windshield towing it.
I bought a winch and the roller leads line up with the snow shield, so I load it front ways now, alot easier.

I put a piece of foam on the snow shield to keep it from rubbing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geez, never thought about the back windshield. I am after towing her backwards and haven't had any issues. As for going on front ways, she hits the salt shield before coming down. Figure, one of these days, I will scratch up the front of the machine or damage the salt shield. This is why I would rather use ramps for the side by side. As for planks, not too comfortable using them. Has anyone out there installed something to keep the tilt up when loading. I know there is lots of talk on this but was thinking about buying the gas shock made by caliber. Some reviews seem to say it works good but others say when it gets cold, the shock do not work well. That would sort of defeat the purpose here as it gets cold LOL
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
herenoevil007, what ramps did you buy from Canadian tire? How wide are they? and do you find them comfortable/adequate for loading on a trailer?

·
Registered
201 Posts
these are the ones i got
72-in Steel Rung Straight Loading Ramps Pair | Canadian Tire

I got no problem loading and unloading by myself. I have two hooks on the trailer that i hook the ramps on then drive on drive off.

I use to back mine on too but it was hard, and lost i lost one of the ramps out from under it one time. then i lost my half windshield and a mat i had to protect the dump.

Like i said my roller on my winch hit the salt shield, it can not rub the bumper. I drive it almost all the way on then when i"m close to the salt shield I get out and push the machine till it almost touches. then pull it in park. My hitch on the truck is dropped so the trailer sits level.

I never used the tilt function on the trailer to load, that's way too much weight coming down on the tow bar.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
forget the ramps just make a dirt burm to back up to and drive it off easy T&S if you can do that or have a place to do it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where I am to, can't make a bank to put it on the trailer. I looked at those ramps, rated for 1600lbs but they do not specify the width of the ramp. Assuming they are 12in, how do your tires sit on them (again assuming 12in width). You have me interested in these as they are half the cost of another set I am looking at Great Day | UTV/Zero Turn Ramp | Home Depot Canada

·
Registered
201 Posts
tires sit in the middle. i"ll measure them when i get home.

I can drive off with half my tire on it, they are long enough that the angle is very low If i drive off them at the end the machine does not even notice.

I paid under 100 for them on sale, I think they were 80 bucks.

My buddy got a 4 seater trex he uses a set too with his skidoo trailer, his are the ramps that fold in half.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are his from Canadian tire also? I don't want to pay too much for ramps. They are 149 (1600lb capacity) now but not on sale at cdn tire. I just want to make sure I have enough room on the ramps for the tires and a little wiggle room LOL. I am not too confident using ramps. Would like to know the width though when you get home. Appreciate it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know 2X12 will last a long time and ok for an atv but I am not too sure for a side by side. 14-1500lbs compared to say 5-600lbs atv. I want to sure the load will hold and safe/secured.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought they were. How much space on each side of the ramp is there when the tires are on them. Is there much room for error cause the tires I believe are 12 wide but I will check

·
Registered
201 Posts
these were on sale 80 dollars at canadian tie yesterday , but only rated 1000 lbs.
Guys i know who have them put 2x6 board inside to make them stronger.
Steel Ramps, 6-ft, 2-Pc | Canadian Tire

With the 72 inch length the angle is low, so really you only have to get it lined up coming off the top of the trailer.
Once your front wheels hit the ramp your back wheels are that close to the ground that it does not matter if they fall off.

Your full tire does not have to be in the middle of the ramp, they would never flip, I also strap them to the trailer.

Just remember to back off straight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts