PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2015 900XP and am trying to install new lock and ride cargo/storage boxes in the bed. My problem is the bed tie down tabs hit the bottom of the cargo box before seating in the bed and sides. Do I have to bend or remove the tie down tabs in order for these to work? I can mount them one hole back and they work properly but then I loose more bed space. How did you get them to work?
I've seen pictures of them mounted all the way forward so know it can be done.
Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Could you carefully heat the spots on the box with a torch and "dent" it in enough to clear the tiedown?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg
Hope attached. See the boxes are not setting flush with the bed and sides as the boxes are being held up by the tie downs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Left side is on top of the tie down and right side is pushed towards the center to touch the bed floor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image.jpg
The are OEM boxes. It looks like my tie downs may stick out farther. I'm not near the machine to get a measurement now. When back will measure.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
It looks like your dealer pulled or you purchased the wrong boxes. It appears you have the boxes for the other full size Rangers (700/800) polaris part# 2877033 instead of the boxes for the 900 13'-15', polaris part# 2879230. They do look similar.
The bottom of the bed on the 900 slopes from front to back, therefore the height of the two boxes should be different. Also the top of the bed sides are wider on the 900 than on the 700/800. This may make the distance from the centerline of the lock and ride plug, to the back of the storage box (that sits against the bed sides) narrow/shorter. This would also cause a problem with how the box fit on the side rails.
It should not have anything to do with the tie downs.

There should be a part # molded into the plastic somewhere. Do you have the original paper work on your boxes?

Reactions: Tomcrain

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Toxic has anyone beside your wife told you...your Dam Smart ??? I'm thrilled your here to help us novices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have the paperwork but am now 350 miles away from it and the ranger. When I'm back I'll report back.

I didn't realize the bed got smaller, front to back, but found out after cutting a 2x12 at 54" for a divider the top measures 54 3/4" so not touching plastic at the top. Only bottom half. I guess measure top and bottom twice before ruining a good 8' 2x12! Back to the lumber yard...Thanks again for all of your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Toxic-21. Is there a left and right cargo box? Was sitting here and thinking if the box slants front to back maybe the interference is the boxes are swapped if they are the correct box? Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Toxic has anyone beside your wife told you...your Dam Smart ??? I'm thrilled your here to help us novices.
Thanks for the compliment, I think.:biggrin:
Yeah, she says I am a Smart A!!.
Stainless, as you have seen there are a lot of knowledgeable members on this forum, each with their own expertise.
I try and help where I can.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Toxic-21. Is there a left and right cargo box? Was sitting here and thinking if the box slants front to back maybe the interference is the boxes are swapped if they are the correct box? Just a thought.
There is not a left and right box.

The statement I made and what my thought was, were two different things (I apologize). What I meant to say was the boxes have different heights. The 900 bed is sloped from front to back, therefore the boxes for the 800 do not fit properly in the front of the bed, they will be too tall. But the boxes for the 700/800 may fit in the rear of the 900 only. The boxes for the 900 are shorter to allow for the decreased bedside height in the front of the 900.

Well I guess I blew that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to property today and verified I received the 2877033 boxes...I didn't try them in the back for right height. Will work to replace with the proper boxes. Toxic-21, appreciate the assistance!

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Went to property today and verified I received the 2877033 boxes...I didn't try them in the back for right height. Will work to replace with the proper boxes. Toxic-21, appreciate the assistance!
Your welcome, glad I could help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts