PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and new to buying something like a Ranger. I'm going to look at a 2000 6x6 on Saturday. It has a plow, chains for the tires, and 1330 hours on the machine. They are asking $6500. Any advice on what to look for when I go look at it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
IMO thats high price for 21 yo machine, $4000 would be more reasonable and still on the high side unless machine was pristine and not modified with things like plows etc. I know someone who has one around that vintage and the top speed it like 25mph. 1330 hrs is estimated to = 7900 miles. Also with a plow its seen more stress than a trail ride machine would.

Friend is a ps dealer and he gave me this info just now; Accessories have little value on a used machine as it limits buyers.
NADA values
Base Price $9,949Average Retail Today $2,845

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO thats high price for 21 yo machine, $4000 would be more reasonable. I don't think it cost much more new. I know someone who has one around that vintage and the top speed it like 25mph. 1330 hrs is estimated to = 7900 miles. Also with a plow its seen more stress that a trail rider machine would.
Thanks, I did buy it. The whole clutch assembly has been recently rebuilt, it is in really good shape, and so far I am pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and new to buying something like a Ranger. I'm going to look at a 2000 6x6 on Saturday. It has a plow, chains for the tires, and 1330 hours on the machine. They are asking $6500. Any advice on what to look for when I go look at it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a 2004 ranger 500 6x6 in the spring 941 hours it was a yellow professional series 11 and I gave $3000 for it just need carb work done. Awesome machine I love it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a 2004 ranger 500 6x6 in the spring 941 hours it was a yellow professional series 11 and I gave $3000 for it just need carb work done. Awesome machine I love it
IMO thats high price for 21 yo machine, $4000 would be more reasonable and still on the high side unless machine was pristine and not modified with things like plows etc. I know someone who has one around that vintage and the top speed it like 25mph. 1330 hrs is estimated to = 7900 miles. Also with a plow its seen more stress than a trail ride machine would.

Friend is a ps dealer and he gave me this info just now; Accessories have little value on a used machine as it limits buyers.
NADA values
Base Price $9,949Average Retail Today $2,845
Is it a yellow one they should go 35mph you might have a speed controller on it that will only let it go 25mph

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was a yellow one. It had the speed controller on it . It hook up to the top of the carb and goes to your air box I had to take mine off runs way better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts