PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase two electrical components. One being fairly easy, the round black flexible conduit that is split down the side the whole length. Need many feet of this, more than I can buy at the local auto parts store. All I've found so far is like 12' pre-packaged units.

Secondly, I'm looking for a 6 pin plug (need both male and female ends). Preferably something that is made for going in muddy areas and has some weather protection. It would be nice if both ends had a cap for when they aren't plugged into each other. This will be for connecting my removable back seat (which I want to put speakers in). So the wire won't be too big. I was thinking of using a trailer light plug, but thats only 4 wires. Any ideas where I might find something like this?

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
I would check JC Whitney for the hose. Have you considered using two trailer plugs?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
A 7 pin trailer plug should work out good, some have the rubber boot thing on them also that would help keep out mud, etc.

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Split loom can be bought at most quality auto parts houses in bulk for sure Car Quest has it. and for your plug "the lighthouseInc.com"

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you are looking for a waterproof connection for 6 wires, try a Mercruiser engine harness plug. It looks like a stock trailer plug with rubber around it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts