PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can find a front receiver hitch for a 2014 Polaris Ranger Crew 900 that i can use to mount a removable 50 lb deer corn feeder to it? all the ones i find say they dont fit a 14 crew 900.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Does anyone know where i can find a front receiver hitch for a 2014 Polaris Ranger Crew 900 that i can use to mount a removable 50 lb deer corn feeder to it? all the ones i find say they dont fit a 14 crew 900.
Polaris Part # 2878846 list $119.99.
I have one on my unit, the quality of it is ok, IMO the receiver tube could be made out of thicker material, it seems thin to me. Also the ID of the tube could be smaller, the hitch fits somewhat loose on mine.

Side Note: to the best of my knowledge as far as the front end goes (hitch mounting area) there is no difference between the Crew and XP.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it is strong enough for about 75lbs? The feeder weighs about 25lbs and 50lb of corn In it. Or should I not waste my time on it

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Do you think it is strong enough for about 75lbs? The feeder weighs about 25lbs and 50lb of corn In it. Or should I not waste my time on it
Yes, will work just fine. It will handle a lot more.
That was just my opinion on the quality, just wanting to point out what I thought of it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
KFI Lower Hitch Receiver, part # 105475 is what I used for my 2014 Ranger 900. It uses a lower position which preserves the normal winch location which would be occupied if you used the upper hitch receiver #101080.

This is designed for a snow plow, and should be adequate for a corn feeder. I am using it for the LA Guard Dog (trailer version) trailer tie-down system.

I found it for $77.97 plus shipping at ruralking.com.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a 100lb all seasons that i used on my truck before i got the polaris and sold it because it was so big and heavy. We have a cheap everlast hanging off the front brush guard but im not a fan of the feeder because it dribbles corn all over the place if you dont close it everytime. i am thinking of getting the front receiver and a 50lb all seasons or a 50lb lamco.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I think the rear mounting would be better, when you run out you can refill right from the bed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have always had front mount feeders I don't like feeders in the rear mount with the mud and we use our bed to much loading deer and stuff it's in the way

·
Registered
621 Posts
+3 on the KFI snow plow version. I have it and its built like a brick sh*t house

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'll sell you mine for $1000! :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ill beat his price and sell you mine for $950

·
Registered
376 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts