PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to trade my old 800 in for a 900 xp eps white lighting. i want to run a forward or arched a arms. have been looking at the backwoods armour. what does everyone go with.. also which is beet the forward a arms for the arched a arms
thanks webb

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know how much you want to spend, but I have a 5" Catvos lift and I am more than happy with it so far. They sell just the A-arms and also a 3" full kit if you don't want to take it that far also. I see guys use Backwoods Armor quite a bit on here also, might look around a little and read on those.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. Ya I'm only looking to go 2 or 3 inch

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think most offered by numerous companies are very similar these days. To answer you question the arched will give you more ground clearance on the arms and they look cool too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay cool thanks everyone

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got the same color that you are getting & I used the Outkast 3" full kit...

I have only had it on for a few weeks & I have not completely decided on the tires/wheels yet, so I am just running the factory for now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. I truly Haven't decided if I want the white lighting or the gray one. Lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice. I truly Haven't decided if I want the white lighting or the gray one. Lol
You mean this one...

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

John at BA makes a great product!... I couldn't be happier with the arms. Installation was a breeze. Fitment was spot on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nobody has said it yet, so I will... Don't overlook the Super ATV forward arched arms. I'm pretty sure it's the least expensive solution, and the fit is spot on. I'm very satisfied with mine.
If you need lift in addition to the wheelbase extension, then I'd also suggest Backwoods Armor.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i want the same set up hahah. how much high then stock do you sit? also how do the terms ride on the hard ground did you have to get your arms powdered coated or can you get colors from back woods?
You mean this one...

View attachment 8992 View attachment 8993

John at BA makes a great product!... I couldn't be happier with the arms. Installation was a breeze. Fitment was spot on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cowpen thanks ill look at them to

·
Registered
194 Posts
I installed a set of super atv arms today. The zerks they send are junk, one was broke and i snapped another off. The holes arent quite big enough for your stock zerks. I had to adapt and make my stock ones work, little swearing and the right tools helps.

They are a good deal for the price, i dont have a lot of free time to work on my stuff and i had about 1/2 day into doing them today. I had to pull the bumper/winch to get the bolts out of the arms. Then i ran into a few oh crap's and had to go back a step.

If u get them, fit the zerks very carefully!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes i want the same set up hahah. how much high then stock do you sit? also how do the terms ride on the hard ground did you have to get your arms powdered coated or can you get colors from back woods?
Webb...BA coated my arms in the color of my choice. The terms in my opinion ride great on hard pack. They don't handle great at high speeds on pavement. If your riding on the road you will get a little rumble when you slow down. I'm at 14" too the bottom of the reciever. I also have about 300lbs in the rear for weight so my ground clearance is closer to 15" or 16" empty. I'm not sure what it was stock.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool thanks I'll have to mesure my 2012 800 I know it will be different the the 900 high but just to get an idea. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do most of these forward A Arms come Grease fitting installed,or is that an added option.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do most of these forward A Arms come Grease fitting installed,or is that an added option.
I think most come with them, or at least drilled and tapped so that you can use the stock fittings in the new arms. The SATV arms come with non-standard sized fittings which aren't very high quality. That's really my only disappointment with them. But it would be pretty simple to drill and tap the arms for standard fitting sizes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grundo are those your stock rims?

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I think most come with them, or at least drilled and tapped so that you can use the stock fittings in the new arms. The SATV arms come with non-standard sized fittings which aren't very high quality. That's really my only disappointment with them. But it would be pretty simple to drill and tap the arms for standard fitting sizes.
Careful when you add zerks, some are longer than others and can hit the bushings!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.