PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add. Just bought my first ranger, a xp900. I bought it with no add ons
and looking to get ideas , I may have missed it but is there a mods section?

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I always say the first things you will need is a windshield, rear windshield, and a roof. If your going to be doing heavy off-roading with a lot of trees or rocks a skid plate might be your first go. For the windshields I would also spend the extra money for glass. It's really nice and doesn't SCRATCH. Polaris sport roof is nice also. In everything else such as a winch, more lights, tunes, more ground clearance, different tires for riding applications, bumpers, and the list goes on. Get a budget of what you have to spend and what kind of riding you'll be doing and we can all help spend it. Congrats on the new ride and welcome to PRC!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride trails mainly and found out yesterday I need protection from limbs, which windshield? I would like one
that folds down in half if possible for when I hunt out of it. Also I need a low profile roof, don't need sound but
will add light bar, any suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I'm not to familiar with the folding windshields I'm sure some guys that have them will chime in. As for roofs the Polaris sport roof is about as low profile as your gonna get. Now for light bars the sky is the limit. You can go as cheap and as expensive as you can afford. I know a lot of guys like to run a 20" on the stock bumper and have good results but if you ever wanna mount a plow it would be too low. Search for light bars as there is 100's of different ways guys have mounted them per application.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Welcome Ben. Put in a bunch of seat time to separate your needs and wants. If money is no object, they are one in the same. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Enjoy your new ride. Welcome to PRC. I keep working on mine as time let's me. Added a Polaris 4500 winch light cubes on the back a 12inch light
bar above my winch. My rig came with a front window but I changed in out to a Kolpin opening one. Like the other guys said drive it and
see what you need.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Where in Texas, there is a huge ATV/SxS scene here.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I always say the first things you will need is a windshield, rear windshield, and a roof. If your going to be doing heavy off-roading with a lot of trees or rocks a skid plate might be your first go. For the windshields I would also spend the extra money for glass. It's really nice and doesn't SCRATCH. Polaris sport roof is nice also. In everything else such as a winch, more lights, tunes, more ground clearance, different tires for riding applications, bumpers, and the list goes on. Get a budget of what you have to spend and what kind of riding you'll be doing and we can all help spend it. Congrats on the new ride and welcome to PRC!
I must say that I agree with these ideas, as this is pretty much how I added options to my Ranger. I put all the above
on and have pretty much completed my mod as I am now happy exactly how my ranger is. I dumped a lot of money
but did it wisely shopping for each and every upgrade getting the best deal I could. Seeing as I am in a colder
area of the country, as heater was necessary for colder winter months. Everyone has to decide what is important
for the area you ride.

·
Registered
115 Posts
First things I've noticed I do to every new UTV have always been- roof, skid plate, winch and some quality LED lights up front. Also they made it super easy to tap into the reverse circuit so I would add some reverse lights if I were you also. If you do a quick search there's some pictures of the two wires near the throttle body you can attach a relay too for your lights to come on and off whenever you're in reverse. I prefer glass windshields as do a lot of other guys just because they don't scratch. Polaris makes a nice tip out front glass one that I wish mine had come with instead of the fixed glass. If you go poly make sure you get the hardcoat one they resist scratching much longer than the regular ones do.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Welcome to PRC and congrats on your new ride! All the above are great ideas/opinions and I'll join in with getting some seat time to figure out in what order you might want to go. A good winch is very nearly a necessity, you may not use it often but, when you need it, you need it!

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Damn I forgot a winch! That goes along with the roof and windshield. If you plan on keeping the stock tires a winch is a very good investment and also while your doing that you can spend a couple extra bucks and run your fuse block and relay for other cool stuff

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Steve-o hit the nail on the head. Wants and needs are different things. Take your time, enjoy the ride, and bounce your questions off these guys. Welcome to PRC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts