PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Looking for old jack casters

740 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rbarre 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a long shot but I thought I would reach out and ask

I recently got an old Walker model 740 mechanical jack off of Craigslist and I am in need of the rear casters
It looks like it sat in a wet area for a long time and the casters are very heavily corroded and and most likely to far gone to be rescued

I will pay a fair price plus shipping
please reply here and then we can go offline if you want

Update: found some one willing to part out a complete working jack off of Ebay
They know what they have and charge accordingly

#2 ·
Finding parts for older American made jacks is becoming more difficult because Chinese jacks can be had so cheaply. Most people just toss out the far better US made unit rather than spend nearly as much as a new Chinese jack costs on a rebuild kit. That said Chinese jacks do not compare in quality to old US made stuff.

I have an old Blue Point Jack (made by Ausco) I bought back in 1973 that developed a static leak around the piston after all these years. Finding a rebuild kit was difficult but a friend steered me toward this place. They had the kit I needed, were helpful when I called and sent out the kit quickly.
https://www.hcrcnow.com/

They may be able to supply new ones for a decent price or they may have some used ones lying around. I have no idea whether they have used parts or not, but it may be worht a try.

#3 ·
Thank you for replying
I know that they would be hard to come by. When these jacks were in use they were the the best , however when the hyd. jacks became the next best thing the mechanical jacks went to a far corner of a garage or sent to the scrap pile in back of the property (where they got iron crust disease) and then during the scrap drive for WW II they were melted down to make war machines.
With that said, I was able to find someone on Ebay willing to part with the casters of their jack and paid more than what I paid for the jack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.