PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger 900 Crew with the "cab system" roll cage. I want to purchase a plexiglass windshield that is easitly taken on and off preferably with one person. We dont ever use it except when it rains or is super cold going to the deer blind. I currently have a Fortress glass front and rear that we are going to sell because we prefer not to have windows but these are heavy and require multiple bolts to put on and take off. Let me know where i can find a good low cost one.

thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I recommend the Polaris ones. I have a glass one and front and rear works well, as far as installation.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I bought the economy Polaris windshield when I bought my 800, it was wet one morning so I walked back into the garage grabbed a new squeegee went from top to bottom clearing the dew off. That afternoon I realized , the rubber squeegee had scratched it. I think I gave $230. bucks for it. Original Polaris.... it was crap....I was very disappointed. On my 900 I got the Hard surface windshield , still $500. bucks. And No I haven't had guts enough to wash it with anything but a garden hose and my hand.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We have the hard coat poly polaris with the easy to take off twist handles. We store it in a sleeping bag and put it on if it is cold or rainy only. Then wash it, spray Plexus and put back in the bag. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Has anyone used RainX on the hard poly windshield ?? I was going to. BUT ...I haven't dared thinking it would hurt the finish. I think RainX is intended to be used on real glass.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought a piece of 3/16" plexi-glass from a hardware store and they cut it to fit,cost me 80 bucks. I just trimmed the bottom and drilled holes in it. I attach it with a few zip ties. It actually looks good but I only use it in the winter anyway. I have been cleaning it with eagle one quick detailer and a micro-fiber towel,so far no scratches.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Has anyone used RainX on the hard poly windshield ?? I was going to. BUT ...I haven't dared thinking it would hurt the finish. I think RainX is intended to be used on real glass.
Have not trayed it but may I have used it on tail lights and headlights lens on my truck

·
Registered
14 Posts
combs custom manufacturing is where i got mine. think it was about 300 shipped. it folds down and you can get airflow.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Has anyone used RainX on the hard poly windshield ??.......
DON'T DO IT! It will be ruined. I made a poly windshield for a friend of mine last fall and the first thing he did (without asking) was put RainX on it and I had to turn around and make him another one. I love RainX, but it's not made for plastics.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a piece of 3/16" plexi-glass from a hardware store and they cut it to fit,cost me 80 bucks. I just trimmed the bottom and drilled holes in it. I attach it with a few zip ties. It actually looks good but I only use it in the winter anyway. I have been cleaning it with eagle one quick detailer and a micro-fiber towel,so far no scratches.
I think this is the route i am going to go. I just want something cheap and easy to throw on. Will only be used when it is really cold out. We dont ever use it above 60°

1 - 10 of 10 Posts