PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time to focus on the tires that I want to get, and I am pretty sure that I want EFX MotoClaws (not really looking for a which tire is better thread). Now I am trying to decide between running MC-28-9-15 in the front & MC-281-15 in the rear or running , so I am hoping to find some pictures where anyone is running that exact trie size/configuration. Also, get opinions from anyone that is running that size/combination. I am running 3" full Outkast kit...

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle

I'm running 28x10x14's on mine 8 ply with slime. No problems so far been a good tire.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know this isn't the config you're looking for pictures of, but I thought I'd confirm your tire choice. I had the 27-10-14s on my '14 Crew and I have the 30-10-14s on my '15 Crew. Neither set of MotoClaws had any issues with rough terrain or mesquite thorns (knock on wood). They look great too.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I live near Atlanta and was outside last night looking toward the South West - saw a glow in the sky - you must have had your roof lights on! :tan: Sharp looking unit!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hahaha, very true. Thank you! My buddies got tired of holding spotlights when we went hog hunting so I figured I'd help them out. To be fair, I used a lot of your posts as guidelines for the electrical stuff so what you see here is mostly your fault ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this isn't the config you're looking for pictures of, but I thought I'd confirm your tire choice. I had the 27-10-14s on my '14 Crew and I have the 30-10-14s on my '15 Crew. Neither set of MotoClaws had any issues with rough terrain or mesquite thorns (knock on wood). They look great too.

View attachment 8461
That is a great looking crew. I have a few questions...

# Do you have have any pictures from the front and/or back so that I can see what the 10" wide looks like from that profile?
# Which lift are you running?
# Those 30" tires are 40.65 pounds, which is just over 6 pound over the 28x9x15 and 2 pounds over the 28x11x15, so what is your performance like with all of that weight?
# Are you running the factory clutch?

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is a great looking crew. I have a few questions...

# Do you have have any pictures from the front and/or back so that I can see what the 10" wide looks like from that profile?
# Which lift are you running?
# Those 30" tires are 40.65 pounds, which is just over 6 pound over the 28x9x15 and 2 pounds over the 28x11x15, so what is your performance like with all of that weight?
# Are you running the factory clutch?

I'm running the CATVOS 5" lift. You're right, the tires are super heavy and performance did take a hit. I'm still running the factory clutch, but I plan on upgrading to the Duraclutch in the next few months. The rig is definitely not as "peppy" as when it was stock. See below for additional pics.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its a tire sealant that you can pump into the tires so when you run over mesquite thorns or other things that punch a hole in the tire it will seal it of.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I was looking for a set of tires for spring also...I'm considering a set of 14-28" Mongrels , they look like a good all round tire , road, trails, rocks . Is has anyone else looked at theses or are running them ??

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I am going to get a Dura-clutch first them go with 14-28 Mongrels. I have seen some posts on here about the tire and they all say good things about them. Or should I say hit the lottery first :witless:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.