PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2013 Ranger XP 900 with everything but the kitchen sink on it. When we go up in the mountains of WV we take a tote full of essentials along with a small 1000 Watt Yamaha Generator and a cooler full of beverages (pop/water;) and I am looking for a way to increase the load capacity of the spring when I load the back of it. I have considered putting in spring rubbers for this occasion only but is there a set of shocks for this other than the Fox floats? Not a big fan of them. The springs are adjusted all the way up now but I need a little more when loaded.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Are the Crew springs stiffer? Could be another option?
I don't know about the 900, but crew springs on the 800 are a little stiffer and actually provide a little lift. I know several that put crew springs on the rear and then moved their old rear springs to the front.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Tazman, I see in your original post that your shocks are turned all the way up, but are your shocks also in the outer position? If they're not, moving them will make a huge difference in payload.

Other than Fox, the only other shock that comes to mind is the Nevomat self leveling shocks that come on the HD Rangers. They are about $800 for the 800 Rangers.

·
Super Moderator
6,841 Posts
The 900 crew does have different spring rates than the XP.

The rear springs are available in three colors (black, orange madness and cloud silver). And are available in two different spring rates. These are progressive rate springs not linear.

EXAMPLE: REAR SPRINGS

Polaris Part # 7044019-458 are 205-305# matte black
Polaris Part # 7044138-458 are 200-280# matte black
(Not a huge difference)

These are the actual part numbers and rates for a 2014 900 crew. You have different part numbers depending on which model you purchased.

I have installed the 305# r and 280# f on my 13' 900 XP.

Here are the 900 XP rear spring rates.

Polaris part # 7043754-458 240# M. Black
Polaris part # 7043937-458 225# M. Black

Again depending on which model you purchased the spring rates will be different.
( example: standard Sage green or standard Sage green EPS).

·
Registered
764 Posts
Cheap fix is just get heavier springs, you can get any weight you need for about $60-$80 each from many vendors...

Or

You can get a 'float' type shock from many vendors as well...keep in mind that air shocks are not a good solution for faster trail riding...coil over are still a far superior solution for that....

Here's how i fixed my load hauling issues... King 2.5" air...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent information. I want to stay with the white springs but that may not be an option. I only need the extra load capacity when the bed is loaded.

Yes, I have the shocks on the outer hole with a lift kit.

IMG_0664.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts