PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It saddens me to say that our family has lost a dear friend and riding partner. Sherry Chastain lost her long battle with cancer last night and has gone to be with the Lord.

We met Sherry, Woody, and their kids Daniel and Rachel about 5 years ago up at Pickett. They stopped at the camper as we were loading up to head out, struck up a conversation, we rode together that weekend, and have been close friends ever since.

Sherry hasn't got to ride the last couple of years because of the cancer, but Carol and the kids have went over to Nashville to see them a couple of times while I was out hunting, and we saw Woody on our last trip to Pickett on Labor Day. We've been keeping up with her progress and thought she was in remission, but I could tell from my conversation with Woddy that things weren't well.

I learned from going through this with my mother a few years ago that you can't question why bad things happen to such good people. You just have to accept it as God's will and, as difficult as it may be, try to not let it get you down.

Having met and rode with her parents on multiple occasions, it's easy to see where she got her kind heart and good nature. She was wonderful person, wife, mother, and friend, and she'll definitely be sorely missed by all of us in the Jones family.

Please pray for the Chastain family during their time of grief.

Rest in peace and we love you Sherry.:angel:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I never had the pleasure to meet Sherry, but I feel we all share a common bond of the Love of the Outdoors and the Love for Life. My prayers go out to Sherry and her family along with those that were fortunate to have known her.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Sad news indeed. Prayers going out to the family and friends.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss for her family and friends. Sucks to see folks pass on way to early due to this sickness. Lost lots of family and friends due to it, sadly we all have. Prayers for Family and friends!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts