341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Awesome. You won't be disappointed. Good luck. Bill

·
Special Advisor
1,480 Posts
Long term test report......New Nov 09, 1167 miles (yeah I know, I need to get out more) still no grinding... :D EDIT- Also no cracked seat posts........ :D :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
3750 miles and it is still doing the same as when I first got it. No better and no worse with the low range. I should have taken it in to get it changed but that is hard to do when you use it every day.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
eng. dog

rick how hard was it to put it in ? thanks Troy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to respond, Computer problems and Deer season kept me busy.
About a total of 6 hours but I never took one apart before. About 3 hrs getting the tranny out (taking my time). Once on the bench, cleaning and replacing the gear maybe 2 hrs. Then reinstalling the tranny 1 hour.
I did look at the parts sheet for the 2011 Polaris Ranger Transmission as to where the gear was located.
Hope this helps.
It now engages into Low Gear with no problems.
:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
:D Update: I had to push snow this morning and the tranny ingaged into Low Gear with no troubles. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hard shift on poor shift

Disconnect the shift cable from the trans. Manually shift and drive in each gear. If no problem the issue is not the transmission. Check to insure the shift housing is tight, all pins and ends are in good shape then try to adjust shift cable

·
Registered
5 Posts
To release the shifter to put it into a gear you have to press down on the brake pedal, this powers up the solenoid and pulls its rod out of the lock so shifter can be moved out of Park
I would have this checked to make sure it is working, is was added to all automatic vehicles to prevent dogs, kids, or anyone really, from accidentally moving the shifter while engine was running or not, and having vehicle roll away

341 - 350 of 350 Posts