PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this kit. I contacted them asking if heavier axles were needed and they said no it works with stock tires and axles. I found it on EBAY for $204.90 with shipping, Item #260738837416. I get a lot of snow and want it for hunting season to get back into the woods when we have 12 or more inches of snow. What's everyone's thoughts. :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thats just the braket lift isn't it? My personal opinion is they are over priced compared to everyone else on the market.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it changes the shock position but the others I've seen you have to upgrade the axles or at least they suggest you do so and that is way more expensive.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If running just stock tires I wouldn't worry much about the Cv's and axles. Try the ranger prolift web site or BackwoodsArmour site. The mount to the lower shock mounts and built well and you will save $$$$

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know, thanks John

·
Registered
880 Posts
6x6hunter said:
Yes it changes the shock position but the others I've seen you have to upgrade the axles or at least they suggest you do so and that is way more expensive.
2.5" inches is 2.5" inches. You will be safe with anyones lift if you keep the preload out of the shocks and in the inside mount location. Have you tried moving the top shock mounts to the outside and jacking up the preload? (you can't do both or else you will brake axles!)

PS. Smoother ride with the shocks full soft running the brackets. Rather than having the factory suspension all stiff. (I broke my factory rear axles running a HL lift, 27" outlaws with full preload and shocks on the outside. Yet I have been running 32" silverbacks, clutch kit, programer, larger BA bracket lift with no preload and the shocks on the outside location and just broke a rear cv joint!)

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of going with 26" tires (replacing the 4ply oem) with a 2.5 lift. Should I stay with the 25" if I use a lift.

·
Registered
880 Posts
6x6hunter said:
I was thinking of going with 26" tires (replacing the 4ply oem) with a 2.5 lift. Should I stay with the 25" if I use a lift.
The factory tires are 26" (atleast mine where) aren't they? I ran 27's outlaws for a while and couldn't tell a differance. Tires won't effect your axles unless you go stuiped like me. Especially since it sounds like you don't want to go with a very aggresive tire.

27x12x12 outlaw on the factory rear rims with HL bracket lift jacked all the way up next to a 32x10 (12" wide tires rubbed the shocks from being so wide and suspension stretched out so far.)

27x9x12 front 27x12x12 rear (factory lift no brackets).

Here is a picture of the "NO-NO" (full factory lift with brackets)

You can see between the two pictures what adjusting the factory suspension can do.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 800 xp non-eps shows 25" and I know where I hunt the 489's will not hold up to the sticks and other obstacles I have to drive over. I'm looking at the ITP Mud Lite XL or something similar.

·
Registered
880 Posts
26's will be fine, they came factory on my Browning edition. As far as other tires IDK, I don't have experance with those.

FYI.

Don't get Outlaws, they don't hold-up well against sticks or the heavy weight of the Rangers. The silverbacks have been a night and day differance.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm currewntly running 26" Bighorns on ITP 108's with a Prolift 2" lift with no problems.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Running 27" Zilla's, SuperATV front 2" lift only, turned rear shocks up. (because I added rear seat) No rear lift.

Been that way since 07' love the mud and hill climbing.... No issues to date....

(I'm nocking on wood)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put Dirt tamers on mine with a 2 in backwoods lift and have no gripes at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ops sorry meant to say 27 inch Dirt Tamers

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the info. I think I'll go with 26" tires and 2" ranger pro-lift when the time comes. Thanks again! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts