PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new member here, i am looking for just a little more height out of our 2014 Polaris Ranger 900 Crew and was looking at this Marshall kit. Am i looking at any issues with axles, CV's, etc.? I am going to run with the factory tires and rims until I wear them out a little, only have about 300 miles on the rig. thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the Marshall 2.5" lift. It is super easy to install. Moved shocks to outer mount and added one click of pre-set and I am running 28" tires on 15" wheels with minimal rub when nose down in a hard turn. I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it make it seem any more tipsy? maybe top heavy like it wants to roll? I know a buddy put a kit similar to this on his razr and when hauling ass if you turned the wheel just the slightest it seemed real hairy like it wanted to tip. I jsut want to make sure this is not going to happen as this is a family rig and i dont want to make it dangerous.

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
A lot of guys take off their sway bars when putting on a lift to get increased articulation on the trails. The down side to that is it can make more tippy on flat roads especially when cornering at speed. Installing a lift will raise you center of gravity a bit but usually you'll get use to the 'new feel' quickly. Leave your sway bar connected and give yourself a couple of miles to get use to the new feel and just use common sense while you are driving and you should be fine! Oh, and if you don't actually need the increased ground clearance, don't lift it - these machines are the most stable (and reliable) at the stock height.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try it out if I don't like it I am only out $200 also we tend to never get over about 20 to 25 mph. Mostly flat terrain

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have this lift on my Crew and it gave me just the clearance I was looking for. Also put on some 2" wheel spacers to correct some of the potential "topsy" issues. Super easy install.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get the wheel spacers? Are they rated for the weight when the polaris is loaded with 4 grown men and corn and rifles?

·
Registered
217 Posts
No noticeable change in CG. I know it did change it but I haven't experienced any "tipsy" feel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I picked them up at a local motorsports place, RideNow. You can find them on line pretty easily though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My main reason for the lift is clearance when loading on the trailer, I have a crew we carry on a 16' bumper pull trailer and it barely clears the ramps when on flat ground, if there is any angle it will scrape the bottom. Also i CANNOT load it on my gooseneck when i need to because the angle of the ramps is too steep and it bottoms out fastl Also i like the look of a little lift and plan on eventually upping the tires to 28"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts