PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
Ran said:
Yep....I'm on it. I'd like to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to give him a chance to get back to me on the accessory/parts list. My hunch is that he'll have to take the banner request to 'higher ups' to make that decision. AND....my further hunch is that those 'higher ups' won't like it. But I'll surely ask. If nothing else, just a high quality PRC banner would be good too, IMO.
No problem if don't want to be part of the banner. I wouldn't think we would want to over use the banner anyway as it would draw attention away from the machine. Maybe a regular banner in a few photos and a small 18" stand up logo in the corner of regular photo scenes to identify it as a PRC build.
I agree.. In fact, the more I think about it, the less I like including a banner at all. I think I more like the idea of 'pasting in' logos and labels on a few of the photos here and there as a way of identifying the pic for audiences that might not know the significance of the build. I don't know....I suppose we could be over thinking the whole thing too perhaps.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
One thing about the banner, if you got it made with heavy grommets, you could fly it on the machine during parades. Maybe leave off the year and then you could use it for the next build also?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
Should I maybe then 'not' ask Bryce about a joint PRC/Polaris banner? You guys make the call. I'm not going to bug him until tomorrow or Wednesday.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
Ran said:
Should I maybe then 'not' ask Bryce about a joint PRC/Polaris banner? You guys make the call. I'm not going to bug him until tomorrow or Wednesday.
Randy, I wouldn't contact them. I will send Neal a banner he can use
Sounds good..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
Guys,

Bryce accidently included me today on an email that was meant for a guy at Jagged X. That's all I'm gonna say about it because once he realized what he had done, he sent another message to me asking me to keep it under my hat.

The only reason I told you that is because I used that opportunity to ask him the status on getting the P & A for the Project Ranger. His reply was, "Lets talk about that tomorrow. I want to get that stuff on order before the year is out." I'm just a 'touch' nervous about the way he put that because I don't know what we need to talk about (other than logistics regarding shipping, etc.). I hope this isn't a sign that he's not going to be able to provide everything at no cost. I told him in an earlier email that historically we've solicited our sponsors for accessories and it worked out well because not only does it spread out the 'pain,' but it helps promote our sponsors' wares.

You'll recall it was 'him' that suggested we make this unit (the extent to which we can) an 'all Polaris' Ranger. I guess we'll see. I probably shouldn't be reading too much into it, I suppose. :?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,884 Posts
I would wait and see what he says. If we have to pay anything for the stuff we can just ask for sponsor help instead. Hopefully he just wants shipping info.

Gary


Ran said:
Guys,

Bryce accidently included me today on an email that was meant for a guy at Jagged X. That's all I'm gonna say about it because once he realized what he had done, he sent another message to me asking me to keep it under my hat.

The only reason I told you that is because I used that opportunity to ask him the status on getting the P & A for the Project Ranger. His reply was, "Lets talk about that tomorrow. I want to get that stuff on order before the year is out." I'm just a 'touch' nervous about the way he put that because I don't know what we need to talk about (other than logistics regarding shipping, etc.). I hope this isn't a sign that he's not going to be able to provide everything at no cost. I told him in an earlier email that historically we've solicited our sponsors for accessories and it worked out well because not only does it spread out the 'pain,' but it helps promote our sponsors' wares.

You'll recall it was 'him' that suggested we make this unit (the extent to which we can) an 'all Polaris' Ranger. I guess we'll see. I probably shouldn't be reading too much into it, I suppose. :?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
Yes, that's my hope too. I suppose there's a chance that he has a budget he needs to stay within, but I doubt that's the case. As always, I'll keep you posted..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Can't wait to hear the outcome. Now that we are officially started I am getting anxious to put the wrenches on this baby.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
Well, it would suck if he did have a budget after sending the catalogs!! I'm guessing he just wants to clarify it will be going to a business because they won't spring for shipping. Since he worded it "I want to get this ordered before the end of the year", I assume that will be the case. Time will tell!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
Yep...I'm hoping that's the case too you guys. There's just something about the way he's been handling this that makes me feel a little apprehensive. Going way back to the original conversation between the two of us, I remember having the feeling that he was thinking we'd be ordering a handful of P & A from them and that would be it. Frankly....now that I've seen the list, I'm a little surprised at the extent of the accessories we're gonna install on this thing. Don't get me wrong...I think its an awesome list of parts and accessories and will help to make this project second to none. Its just that I hadn't given that much thought to the project until now and my eyes grew wide when I saw the list.

Regardless the outcome of the 'Polaris provided' parts, I'm confident we'll get the accessories we want. If I don't hear from Bryce soon (9:40CST), I'll be lobbing an email to him.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ran said:
Frankly....now that I've seen the list, I'm a little surprised at the extend of the accessories we're gonna install on this thing. Don't get me wrong...I think its an awesome list of parts and accessories and will help to make this project second to none. .
I would have to dissagree, you should to look closer at the last build as I believe at this point will have more actual $$ in it then this one (speaking as parts added). It had an expensive paint job, higher valued tires/wheels, special A-arms, 5 x times the value in the sound system, skid plates, headers, and don't forget all the bling it has (although I was hoping for some of that on this one). Probably feels that way to you seeing it as a 90% inclusive list.

The only item I considered an uneeded extravagance was the lighted whip but I had this vision woth the LED lights of some night shots and the whip would be a nice addition.

One thing I have been struggling with is the Polaris tires/wheels as they are at best a mediocre improvement. But I knew theie desire was to be Polaris exclusive. If threre needs to be any cuts start there and we can pursue a better tire/wheel package.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
If there are any cuts to be made, then we should get them to give us a dollar figure they are willing to give us. We can't really start talking about what we are going to do with this thing till they "get off the pot"!! Maybe we can still get some monetary donations to get a custom paint job again.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
You misunderstood me, Neal. That's probably my fault. I didn't mean to make it sound like we're doing more to this unit than we should, or more than we did to the last one. I'm only saying that "....now that I see the list, its very eye-opening." As is (I suspect) often the case with a build like this, only the builder truly understands what goes into it. The casual observer (e.g., Randy, in this case) often doesn't 'see' all of it.

Please don't take offense, Neal. I'm not saying IN ANY WAY that I think you're planning to over-do this build. Quite the contrary...I think the sky should be the limit. :)

A similar thing happens with custom motorcycles. Two Harleys can be sitting along side each other. To the casual observer they can look not-all-that-much-different. But when a knowledgeable bike builder explains how their respective values are (for example) $30K apart, the casual observer's jaw drops.

So....take it easy, I'm on your side, buddy! :wink:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,884 Posts
ElecTech said:
If there are any cuts to be made, then we should get them to give us a dollar figure they are willing to give us. We can't really start talking about what we are going to do with this thing till they "get off the pot"!! Maybe we can still get some monetary donations to get a custom paint job again.
We can't get too pushy with them. They did give us the Ranger after all. I say we don't do anything until we hear what they are going to do.
 
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top