PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
10,843 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
ElecTech said:
If there are any cuts to be made, then we should get them to give us a dollar figure they are willing to give us. We can't really start talking about what we are going to do with this thing till they "get off the pot"!! Maybe we can still get some monetary donations to get a custom paint job again.
We can't get too pushy with them. They did give us the Ranger after all. I say we don't do anything until we hear what they are going to do.
I agree, Gary. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't even have brought it up until I talked with Bryce. I just happened to have some time this morning and wanted you guys to know that I wasn't sitting on my hands. I was also indulging in a little speculation, which can be dangerous territory. As I said above, I'm confident that we'll get all the P & A we're wanting. Its just the way we get it that might be challenging. But I like a good challenge! :D

· Registered
10,116 Posts
It's a good thing you did bring it up Randy cause I was getting ready to ask you what the devil Bryce was waiting on!!! :lol:

· Registered
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ran said:
You misunderstood me, Neal. That's probably my fault. I didn't mean to make it sound like we're doing more to this unit than we should, or more than we did to the last one. I'm only saying that "....now that I see the list, its very eye-opening." As is (I suspect) often the case with a build like this, only the builder truly understands what goes into it. The casual observer (e.g., Randy, in this case) often doesn't 'see' all of it.

So....take it easy, I'm on your side, buddy! :wink:

I was not offended at all. Your comment was "I'm a little surprised at the extend of the accessories we're gonna install on this thing" so I assumed you had forgotten how much we done on the last build.

Not sure why the "Take it easy" comment, just pointing out what I thought was an oversight.

· Registered
10,843 Posts
ElecTech said:
It's a good thing you did bring it up Randy cause I was getting ready to ask you what the devil Bryce was waiting on!!! :lol:
Well, as Gary mentioned above...I don't want to push too hard. Afterall (and I KNOW we had completely 100% justifiable reasons for this), we didn't display much urgency on this thing until now. We can hardly expect him to 'jump,' IMHO.

· Registered
10,843 Posts
oneal said:
Ran said:
You misunderstood me, Neal. That's probably my fault. I didn't mean to make it sound like we're doing more to this unit than we should, or more than we did to the last one. I'm only saying that "....now that I see the list, its very eye-opening." As is (I suspect) often the case with a build like this, only the builder truly understands what goes into it. The casual observer (e.g., Randy, in this case) often doesn't 'see' all of it.

So....take it easy, I'm on your side, buddy! :wink:

I was not offended at all. Your comment was "I'm a little surprised at the extend of the accessories we're gonna install on this thing" so I assumed you had forgotten how much we done on the last build.

Not sure why the "Take it easy" comment, just pointing out what I thought was an oversight.
No oversight here, buddy. You simply misunderstood what I was trying to say. And, like I said...that's probably my fault. I was just trying to speculate on what the list 'might' look like through Bryce's eyes. Even though I KNOW how much goes into these builds, I think its easy for some people (me) to not realize it until they see an actual list. For me, it was a real eye-opener (much like when I look at a list of parts/accessories that go into a custom motorcycle build). Its one thing to observe a custom build and quite another to view the parts/accessories list. That's all, buddy... Strictly a matter of my own naivete' as it relates to such matters.. Sorry that I wasn't more clear. I'm not sure why my written words are sometimes misunderstood, but I guess its something I need to work on :) .

· Registered
10,843 Posts
BTW gents....its already 2:30 on a Friday afternoon, so I'm starting to think that I won't hear back from Bryce today. I sent the last email, so the ball is in his court. I'll make a note to lob a reminder by Tues or Wed of next week if I don't hear from him by Monday. As always, if something comes through yet this afternoon, I'll be sure to post an update.

I hope you guys have a good weekend. I'm home alone again as Sue and Tay headed down state for a one year old birthday party for one of Sue's niece's daughters.

· Registered
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ran said:
No oversight here, buddy. You simply misunderstood what I was trying to say. And, like I said...that's probably my fault. .

I'm sure I misunderstood as you say. But when you said "Frankly....now that I've seen the list, I'm a little surprised at the extent of the accessories we're gonna install on this thing" it honestly felt like you were suggestinng it was too much. Then you really threw me off when you saud take it easy when I was just tryiing to point out there was more on the last build.

Sorry buddy for misunderstandinng.

· Registered
10,843 Posts
oneal said:
Ran said:
No oversight here, buddy. You simply misunderstood what I was trying to say. And, like I said...that's probably my fault. .

I'm sure I misunderstood as you say. But when you said "Frankly....now that I've seen the list, I'm a little surprised at the extent of the accessories we're gonna install on this thing" it honestly felt like you were suggestinng it was too much. Then you really threw me off when you saud take it easy when I was just tryiing to point out there was more on the last build.

Sorry buddy for misunderstandinng.
No problem, Neal. You and I are both pretty direct in our deliveries I think. So sometimes what we say might be misinterpretted. For the record, I dont now, and never did, think the parts list was too long or extensive. I was just 'surprised' to see how extensive it was and how many separate accessories go into these things compared to what it looks like when one sees the finished product sitting at the curb. Heck, I'm game to see if we can install every available accessory in the catelog! :D

And I said 'Take is easy' because it sounded to me like you took offense... as if I was questioning your build plan. I doubt I'd ever do that as this is an area in which your talents, knowledge, and experiences are superior to mine. As an aside, I've given some thought to if/when I get a chance to ultimately own one of these Project Rangers. If you don't wind up building it, I might enlist the help of my buddy Gayle who's talents rival yours when it comes to this kind of thing. The problem is that he lives down in my old neck of the woods in southern WI. Gayle is retired now, but sold welding supplies, gases, and 'systems' for shops and plants all over the state. In fact, he has his own company now and installs welding and gas systems on the side (weekends mostly). I frequently marvel at the stuff he comes up with. He just started getting into woodworking, so we've been sharing all sorts of ideas, pics, etc. lately.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.