PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I are considering a move to Springfield, MO. Does anyone have any insight into the ATV/UTV lifestyle there? We are in Arizona now which is pretty UTV friendly with good street legal laws and lots of off-road adventures. Is Missouri a good place for that?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Don't do it bro.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you live there? What don't you like about MO? I could definitely use the insight. I don't know much about the state beyond what I can find on the internet and that seems like the same thing everyone says about every state.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If u make the move there are several orvparks i am familar with . Cloud 9 ranch. Is a nice membrrship park with lots to do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mo isnt too street legal friendly it is determined by county. I live to the county east of springfield and we just got our county roads legal to ride on with atv and tubs last year.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Brandon is right, most of the farm belt is governed by local authorities whether it be county or city, however if you can claim to be a farmer then it's considered to be an implement of husbandry and legal to ride from farm to farm in most of the states.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can tell you that it seems every county is different when it comes to riding on roads claiming to be a farmer or not . We live in ofallon mo now a suburb of st louis and they will give you a ticket , but our farm is in marshall mo and we have passed sheriff , highway patrol and city cops no problems at all . Alot of it boils down to the jack offs tearing up farmers fields and doing stupid stuff thats ruins it for those of use that want to just cruise around .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I grew up 100 miles southeast of Springfield, close to Cloud 9 ranch that was mentioned before. I rode thousands of miles on county roads atop a Honda Fourtrax 300 when I was a kid. The only time anyone ever said anything to me was when I was on the highway. A highway patrolman told a group of friends and I to keep our machines on dirt. We did, and that was the end of it. Granted we were in an extremely rural county that consisted almost entirely of farms, very different from Springfield or O’Fallon. My suggestion would be to find something interesting in a rural area that you want to see, acquire county road maps (they used to be free from the license offices/courthouse), park your truck 25 miles away, then try to get there on dirt roads. Southern Missouri is full of caves, springs, and rivers that we used to frequent that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Know a gal who did contract work for a year in Missouri. Said she couldn't get to sleep some nights because the bugs made too much noise.:grumpy: That can't be good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts