PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn't really see too much on the Zillas. I'm leaning towards the 30" Zillas to save weight on my 15 570 Crew. I completely believe all you guys that these bad little suckers will pull Outlaws and Terminators through the nasty stuff, I just have an OCD tick that makes me fearful of stressing drive trains. Plus I want to retain as much of what little sportiness my beast has as possible.

But, I also don't know diddly about how these limos handle in the muck. I'm usually on a Brute so I'm used to an entirely different animal. So, I'd like to get some feedback from crew owners on what they did and didn't like about the different tires they've had.

Our riding is everything from hard pack trails through the woods (hence the mid size, not a full size for me) to mud parks with nasty clay mud around Houston, TX to sandy creek beds with somewhat deep (maybe bottom of the Ranger seat) crossings. Plus the kids like when they get to ride in the Ranger to their friends houses in the neighborhood so I don't want to get anything too too soft that will wear prematurely.

If I didn't search hard enough and this thread already exists then pardon my ignorance!

Thanks in advance,

Doyle

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had a limo. And ran 27in outlaw radials. 28in ol2s and 30in mud lights on it. I think the best way to go on it would be 28in s/w outlaw radial. The zilla is light but I dont think u will be happy with it? I had 28in zillas on a 420 and 30in zillas on a fullsize ranger. The outlaw radial is hands down the best a/t tire you can get.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yep my buddy had 30 zillas on a 500 crew and they were horrible in mud and they always blew off the rim cause the sidewall isn't heavy enough to hold the weight. I'd highly suggest 30" outlaw radial being you have the 570. The 500 will pull em but won't like it, the 570 will absolutely sling them without issue.

·
Registered
642 Posts
OL2'S or radials is my suggestion

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The 28in ol2s beat my brains out at low speed on hard pack. I thought the windshield was gonna jump out when u take off.
The radial rides just like stock.
One is a mud tire= OL2
One is a A/T= OL Radial

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks for all the feedback!

Anyone know of any good vendors that sell OL Radial wheel and tire kits?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
OK, thanks for all the feedback!

Anyone know of any good vendors that sell OL Radial wheel and tire kits?
Call Matt and Maurice at ATV Outfitters. Their contact info' is in our sponsors section. Many members buy their wheels and tires there. Their prices are hard to beat and service is second to none.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Good luck with your buy. I got mine from Dan the tire man at Highlifter. The OL Radial is the best A/T tire available hands down. I just couldn't believe how good they rode with those meaty paddle lugs but they do.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had a set of 30s and they felt weird to me? I bought them used so who knows? They felt reallys soft like driving a boat.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had a set of 30s and they felt weird to me? I bought them used so who knows? They felt reallys soft like driving a boat.
Taller side wall maybe? How much air psi did you run in them or the 28's you have now? I run 9psi in mine.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had 27in skinny wides and they were fine. I tried different air in the 30s. It felt like driving a lifted standard cab Toyota on 40s. Ive ran mudlights. Zillas. Terms. OL 1s OL2s etc etc and never had a tire feel like that?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I love my 30" radials, smooth, and I've followed right behind OL2's. I miss the looks of the OL2'S, but overall the outlaw radials have completely satisfied what I was looking for

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol just the 28" Radials are pretty much gonna be as much as 30" Zillas and 14" rims. Dang the luck! Gotta pay to play. I guess I could buy spacers and run the 28" Radials on the stock rims.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
U have 14in factory wheels?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
A cheaper alternative would be 28in skinny OL1s. I have some on my 12in factory le wheels with no spacers. They ride good and are light

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have skinnies all the way around Wes? I figured with the weight of this thing, especially toting my wife, 2 little girls (who are all 3 petite beauties and I'm sticking to it), and my gorilla self around skinnies on the rear would be a bad decision.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
. It does good for me. They are on my daughters sportsman now. Its like running little tractor tires.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I run the same skinny tire. They are a 1/2" narrower than most tires offered in bigger sizes. The feeling of having to run an 11-12" wide tire is just that, a feeling that you can't rotate your tires for a real even wear all the way around unless you want to run that wide of a tire on the front also. I don't want to have to turn a much wider tire.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts