PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Mid size stereo

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  littlebigrancher 
#1 ·
I've been looking at speaker options for my '14 570 LE. Looking at Rockford Fosgate 6" wakeboard tower speakers and Kicker 4" or 6.5" wakeboard tower speakers. My hesitation is that they would be too close to my head, I'm 6'2" and sit pretty tall in the cab. Don't really want sound that close to my ears, at least I think I don't.

So are those speakers good choices? If not, what else should I be looking at? Is there another option I should consider?
I already have a radio that I plan to mount under the dash in one of those wedge mounts.

Thanks guys

#2 ·
Well with wake tower speakers you need a wake bar mount behind the cage so no they won't be too close

#3 ·
I've seen those but forgot about them, do they make them that bolt on?

#4 ·
Haven't seen em for the mid size. Prolly have to custom make one

#5 ·
I think backwoods armor has one for the midsize? I am running 1 6 1/2 wakeboard speaker bolted to the middle of the cage

#6 ·
Didn't know John was building speaker bars. If money isn't an issue, a set of Rev 10's or Rev 8's from Wet Sounds is an unreal setup. Also Wet Sounds sound bar is a nice bang for your buck with some great sound.

#7 ·
I think it was about a year ago I saw a speaker bar on a 900 on there facebook page and asked about a midsize bar and he said no problem. This was about the time they were going to build a bolt on midsize lift that I never heard anything else about. No one cares about the little guys.

#8 ·
He has the skill set to build just about anything. You prob saw a pic of Albert's camo 800 sitting on a air-ride 6" lift of John's. He had a bar built from a guy that has a shop near us. John didn't build that bar for him.

I was told if I could get mine to him he would build a big lift for them but he is a long way from me and that was almost 1 1/2years ago when he wasn't near this busy. Everyone of these company's build a lift from scratch and need a platform to start with. I'll volunteer yours when ever you like so I can go big with out stacking crap and using PVC.

#9 ·
Im gonna talk to my machine shop buddy and see if I cant come up with something. It will be a little taller but nothing crazy.

#10 ·
I had the same problems. I'm 6'1". I wanted descent sound but not looking to break the bank. Bought a pair of liquid audio mini tub wakeboard speakers. Mounted them behind my head and they were too loud that close. I moved them around and came to mount them on the upper bar at the front of the cage facing down. Good sound separation and not too loud. Our if the way for the most part unless you lean far forward then you bump your head. Otherwise out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Lenox, those are great, haven't thought of that, I'll have to look at those a little closer, thanks.

#12 ·
Sound quality is ok. Probably better with a good amp. Bigger cans I think would provide better bass but I'm ok with it. For me it's a good trade off for where they fit. That's the only drawback. They need to be smaller to fit against the roof and remain out of the way as much as possible.

#13 ·
That's the same setup I use except I have 6. I used 6" pvc caps for my pods.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.