PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some suggestions on how and where to install an LED light bar on the front of my 2013 500EFI midsize. I have a plow on the front and when it is raised just a little bit, the stock headlights are blocked. I have a full soft cab that goes over the entire roll cage and windshield. That is a problem, no place to clamp on a light bracket. Really don't want to drill holes in the hood, but am looking for what others have done.

Thanks in advance
Rod

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hmm. Only thing I could think of off hand would be a have a local machine shop bend u a loop to rhat would mount to the top of the bumper to your specified height. Mount the light on top of it. Have 2 pims on the bottom where it can be taken off if u like or to raise ur hood.

·
Registered
309 Posts
What type of light bar?

Here's my install of the Seizmik light bar on the A-pillars and the dual row LED amber fog on the OEM brush guard. I run a plow as well; a Polaris Glacier II Razor Blade.

Note: The Seizmik light bar can be mounted on the bumper or brush guard.

Installing a brush guard may give you another and higher mounting platform. Note: I could have mounted the amber fog higher if I had wanted to.

Axia Alloys has some nice clamps you can order if need be.
www.axiaalloys.com

IMG-20141002-00154.jpg

IMG-20141002-00155.jpg

IMG-20141002-00156.jpg

IMG-20141002-00157.jpg

IMG-20141119-00181.jpg

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Where you have your bar really isn't in a good spot. You want to mount your light bar ad high ad you can to utilize all the light it outs out. Mounting it to top of roof, hanging it under top crossbar of roll cage, those are ideal spots

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the same Ranger and had the same lighting problem with the plow mounted. I found that in order to work the best I had to mount the lights on the roof. Fortunately. I have the steel cab so it wasn't a big deal. The bar is actually held in place on top with heavy duty magnets.

I agree, the crossbar of the roll cage is the ideal spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I think I may try to fab something like YDOPEN suggests, a mount that I can swing forward out of the way to open the hood is a good idea. With the soft cab, the entire roll cage is covered with the fabric cab so mounting anything to the cage is out without cutting the cab and really don't want another hole in it.

Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts