PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few adds in the classifieds with outkast and backwoods arched rear lower arms for sale all of them speak of the negative camber they have when installed.

I have a set and they measure 1 inch longer tjan the factory arms. Hole to hole. Is there a reason for this?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Did you call John and ask him? They have to be the same length as the top arm. The only reason they lengthen the rear arms on our machines would be the widen the stance for the lift and keep the axle angle in tact. That's what they do on full size machines with bigger lifts front and rear.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A buddy of mine ordered them. Put them on and the negative camber was horrible. He called them and they sent him a correct set. He gave me the wrong ones. I pulled a tape on them and they are exactly 1in longer than the stock ones. I was thinking if I stacked 2 lifts for about 4in in the rear if they would work then?

·
Registered
321 Posts
You have two pivot points on the rear of the suspension, upper and lower control arms. Uuummmm.....jack up the back of the buggy and watch. When you really lift the rear that would be necessary for both arm lengths to change but then you have a really nasty axle angle. I have a SATV rear lift and my shocks turn all the way up for a total of 3". Not anywhere close to a camber or axle issue at all. I could go up another 1" in the back and it wouldn't make me nervous at all. Just got to get the front up to match!!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the super atv lift on the rear. Gonna add the highlifter lift. Then assess the arm length

·
Registered
321 Posts
Should be just fine. That is my plan when I figure out what I'm going to do about the front. Times like these is when I wish I had a fullsize because they are so easy to lift with so many options.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to my machine shop buddy yesterday. Hes going to fab up a 4in lift block for me. Then move my balljoint hole out 1in.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'll be taking mine out on a light trail ride today with the fam. I'll post notes on how it did with the extra 1.25" of lift all the way around.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would like to think that if you extend the lower arm out that much if not more you would be able to go up that high for sure and it would require long axles than just the rhino ones also. That's when I would have to look at pulling my front spacers off so I would still track the same width down the road also. I am really not interested in running a 2" spacer in the rear.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post pics on the midsize pic thread.
Also. When going over bumps/articulate ing. Listen/feel the seat and floor board. I could hear/feel my axle popping in/out the front diff. Pop the hood and look down and see if theres any massive amount of spline show ing. If it is ram it back in.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Trust me, I'll be listening for anything unusual! !! Lol

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Wildchild sorry man but with a satv lift on rear and shocks cranked you ain't no where's near a 3" lift. Better add you a 1" spring spacer then you'll be at a 3" lift.

·
Registered
321 Posts
We'll I guess my tape measure is off then and I should have not thrown out a close number. I got right at 2" (1 13/16") off the lift kit measuring from the receiver hitch to the ground and exactly 1" off the shocks getting cranked up doing the same. Now with my brute cooler full of cold ones in the bed amongst other stuff it rides level. People on here always have conflicting ideas on lifts, tire size, axle issues and everyones situation a lot of the time differs. Now that my rear shocks are starting to sag I can pick up on the back by my rear bumper and lift the springs back into place and measure again if need be. Not exactly concerned about it though.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well I guess your machine is different. I have 4 different mid sizes I ride with and none have been able to achieve a 3" lift like that. We all had to have a 2" bracket, 1" spring spacer and turn shocks up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
So from what your saying and please correct me if I'm wrong, it takes a 2" SATV lift, turning the shocks all the way up and a 1" spring spacer to get 3" of lift. The 1" spacer is providing roughly how much lift? Turning the shocks up roughly provides how much? How much does a advertised 2" lift actually provide. This just seems strange to me. I want someone reading this to take a measurement of their ride height before and after turning the shock preload all the way up and reply with their findings.

Now here is my take on it since I have been "lurking" on here. I bought a 2" lift cause all I wanted was 28" tires to fit. Then my buddy tells me I need new forward a-arms to make that happen. Now it's one of those if I would have known what I know now situations I would have done a lot of things different.

I have read in many places that EV springs have added anywhere from 1.5" - 3" of lift. 3" of lift out of just a factory spring change to me is on the extreme high side, but you yourself have stated in older posts on this forum that this is correct. If you can get 3" of lift from just springs then why buy a lift and build a spacer like you did to achieve that? There is so many conflicting comments on here about lifts and axles that it's crazy. Reminds me of the axle pulling out situations so many have experienced including me but some with bigger lifts have never had an issue. Just trying to make sure people reading stuff like this looking for answers to questions like I do all the time are receiving correct information and not being miss lead and go another route or spread incorrect information to others as well.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Cranking my shocks only got me .5" higger, nowhere close to 1". And the highlifter lift bracket got me a little shy of 2", I think it was like 1.75". Now as far as the ev sprjngs, I've never said anything positively on here about them, I've only told people what others claim.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After I get my 4in front lift ironed out. Im gonna attempt to add a highlifter lift to the rear with my super atv lift and adjust spring to get it level. I will keep yall posted.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You better let me know about that front block cause you know I want one

·
Registered
642 Posts
I added a 1.25" spacer on top of the 2.5" lift bracket and netted this with 30 " outlaw radials. A 4" lift on the things is perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Jay have you put seat time.on it since the lift? How's the axles doing? Anything tried to pull out yet?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts