PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 XP1000 1800 miles

I've got a misfire code the last couple days on my ranger - in the diag screen 7 on top, 65590 & 65592, and 1 on the bottom.

It only comes on after initial startup and idle (while letting it warm up). It will clear after driving it in low for 30 sec or so.

I've done some reading and it sounds like false misfire codes are fairly common due to belt or other issues. That said, this is happening at idle and only when it's started for the first time of the day - it hasn't happened when driving or idling after it's warmed up. I put new plugs and a new air filter in it (even though the others were not bad), didn't make any difference.

It seems like all the most of the false misfires I read about are belt related but it's only happens when the machine is cold and at idle (belt isn't engaged). I've ridden it the past two days putting on 120 miles and the light doesn't reappear until the following morning when letting idle to warm up. It did have the Gilomen Monster Clutch kit in it but to eliminate the variable I put the primary back to stock and it still does it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or other things I can try? I know some are sending the ECU to Gilomen to get it flashed but it seems odd to have just come out of the blue.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
139 Posts
2018 XP1000 1800 miles

I've got a misfire code the last couple days on my ranger - in the diag screen 7 on top, 65590 & 65592, and 1 on the bottom.

It only comes on after initial startup and idle (while letting it warm up). It will clear after driving it in low for 30 sec or so.

I've done some reading and it sounds like false misfire codes are fairly common due to belt or other issues. That said, this is happening at idle and only when it's started for the first time of the day - it hasn't happened when driving or idling after it's warmed up. I put new plugs and a new air filter in it (even though the others were not bad), didn't make any difference.

It seems like all the most of the false misfires I read about are belt related but it's only happens when the machine is cold and at idle (belt isn't engaged). I've ridden it the past two days putting on 120 miles and the light doesn't reappear until the following morning when letting idle to warm up. It did have the Gilomen Monster Clutch kit in it but to eliminate the variable I put the primary back to stock and it still does it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or other things I can try? I know some are sending the ECU to Gilomen to get it flashed but it seems odd to have just come out of the blue.

Thanks,
Pete
Readjust the belt.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
You might try a new belt. It's usually belt, clutch or spark plugs.

The good thing is it only happens to you briefly at startup so it can also just be ignored. Also, you don't have to drive in low for it to go away. The ECU has to not detect a misfire for either 3000 or 4000 engine cycles. It doesn't matter if it's in low, high or neutral nor does time matter. At higher rpm's it'll just go away faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2018 Northstar. I had the same issue. My belt was bad and the primary clutch was messed up. I installed a Duraclutch and belt. The misfire code would still occasionally come on about like yours. I tried a few things but nothing seemed to make it any better. I finally sent me ECU to Giloman. They were really quick in getting it back to me. It’s been around 2 years and no more issue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was getting the same codes. At first, it was only at start-up, but then they were happening ALL the time... and I mean ALL the time. The most frustrating thing was cruisiung on the trail and all of a sudden my machine would go into limp mode. Had to stop and restart, sometimes several times before it would reset. My belt was changed, but nothing changed as far as the error codes. I just yesterday mailed my ECU to Gilomen for a reset, which I was told is guaranteed to correct the issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 XP1000 1800 miles

Thanks,
Pete
Sent mine to get flashed at gilomen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts