PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I need some help, I have a 2017 razor 1000 xp, the engine light is one and it’s throwing the misfire code, I can make it go off but as soon as I give it some good throttle it comes right back on and runs like crap. Already replaced belt and plugs today, what else could be making it misfire, plug wires look good. I also was told fuel pump, would that throw a misfire code because it isn’t getting enough fuel?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I’m assuming your code is the common code some units are plagued with. Terry has some options for you if you are interested in tuning your machine. There is even an option to just “fix” those codes without added performance tuning.

Disclaimer: obviously you could have an actual issue that hasn't been addressed, but most likely this will resolve the issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2020 NorthStar, code 65590. ended up being a faulty fuel injector after leaving me stranded, 70 years old, don't need that. 220 miles round trip to the dealer, fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, here we go again, 3 months later and the dreaded 65590 code is back. Hard to start, running rough like it is only running on one cylinder, changed spark plugs, didn't help. Huge snow storm coming today, live in the middle of the woods with over 1/2 mile of steep driveway for access, Really need this machine for accessibility to my home. Can't be dealing with these codes and the lack of dependability that this 2020 NorthStar is giving me. VERY unhappy at this point. It's going to cost me a lot of money that I don't have to go to a Honda Pioneer but that may be the answer. Will be talking with Polaris Customer Service about this also, but don't have my hopes up.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Reactions: gmck154x4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts