PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used '14 800 midsize. It had been rolled so the rollbar is bent towards the passenger side. It has the OEM canvas cab on it. But since it had been rolled the doors do not fit that good and the windshield is scratched. Unless stand in front or behind you don't even notice. It is going to cost about $1,000 to replace all the rollbar parts. I don't have that kind of extra cash to replace it so I will probably just repair it. I have been using it for several months with it the way it is. So my question is has anyone mixed windshield, roofs, doors and rear windows to build a cab? That is sealed quite well. I know many have built there own cabs, which I'm not against doing. Just trying to find the most cost effective way to update the canvas cab that it is on it now.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You aren't gonna get anything to seal.at all with a bent cage

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
ive got a 13 midsize 800, i junked a cage too at one point..lol long story..

anyhow, the polaris soft top with rear panel and doors (prolly like your existing cab) will fit with the EMP fold down front windshield (MR10 hardcoat version thats got metal across the bottom)

That windshield will also work with the seizmik soft top as well. As for seizmik doors, im not sure..cant stomach the 500 bucks to buy them also. lol

Thats all i can help ya with on that note.

as for parts, ALL the midsize cages are the same, except the crew cabs..obviously. Keep an eye on ebay, i picked up a brand new front half for 100 bucks. brand new!! machine had water damage and insurance junked it. parts dealer scooped up whole machine and parted it. thats how i put my buggy back together. THe dealer i bought it from was CyclesRus over in ohio. when i was ther last year, he had 2 of them. Fronts and rears. Word was that a dealer ship burnt and he bought the entire contents cuz most of it was "water damage" i eneded up buying 900 dollars worth of brand new parts for 240 bucks, including gas money to drive otu and get it. haha.

Keep us posted, we're here to help..trust me, some of us been down this road!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know cab parts will not seal with the cage tweaked. My question was have any of you had any luck mixing brands and having them work together well. WagZ thanks for the info on some different brand cab parts fitting together. Ill keep an eye on eBay as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same cab, I know the lock and ride poly windshield will not work with that cab, The polaris hard coated poly windshield p/n # 2879491 will work.. If you want doors p/n # 2879351

download.jpg

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have the same cab, I know the lock and ride poly windshield will not work with that cab, The polaris hard coated poly windshield p/n # 2879491 will work.. If you want doors p/n # 2879351

View attachment 7045
Hey, cab you take some detailed pics of how the latch mechanism works on those doors and how well it seals up please. I have the old magnetic doors and was curious how well the newer style close and stuff. Any pics woukd be great!! Thank ya sir.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
AWESOME!! Thank you Very very much for those pictures. Very nice doors! Do they attatch to roof and floor like the old ones!? i really like those. look like they seal up fairly decent too!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
they only attach to thefront with zipper along the side of the windshield and a velcro strap at the bottom front... video of how to doors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pictures and video, soupbowl. That is the cab that is presently on mine as well. I guess the doors on mine seal as well as yours. I will probably just purchase a trailerable cover for the machine this year. So that I don't have to worry about damaging the cab when it is all installed or have to remove it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
NICE!! Hmm....i may have to wait till i see one in person...i like the looks of those doors. Seem as though they seal up pretty nice too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thinking about getting these doors as well, I already have the Polaris hardcoat poly windsheild & canvas roof/back.

In the above pictures it looks like there are extensions from the canvas roof that hold the door on, my roof does not have these. Is this correct?
Just want to verify that whatever attaches the door to the windsheild is included with this door kit, not that any part of the that is part of the roof.

Also, how are the windows held in place? - velcro, zipper, etc

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
there are no extensions from the canvas roof to hold the doors, just a velcro strap that is used as a wind stop so the door wont swing all the way to the front. the doors attach to the zippers at the front down tubes and a velcro strap at the bottom , windows have a zipper to open and close them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used some of the tax returns and picked up a good used rollbar setup on ebay. Swapped that out a couple weeks ago. Now to upgrade the cab a little at a time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts