PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the half winshield cause the same rear and cab dust problems ive read about or just the full?

Second, what is the design, mechanical or other differences between a 2013 2014 and 2015 ranger 900? I know the hp was boosted 8 to 68 in 2015 but have there been other more important changes that strengthen weak spots or other overall enhancements?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have both full and half windshields, and the half slowed the dust problem; but adding the rear windshield did the most to greatly reduce dust drafting in from the rear other than no windshield. I leave my rear windshield in year round.

The combination of no doors and dust entry points under the dash makes dust reduction a challenge.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just installed an EMP half windshield last night... bought two of them and I wouldn't go down that road again... flimsy as all get out. Rattles against dash board, plastic rivets used to hold the straps come out, weather stripping on the bottom falls right off. According to their website, since I took off the protective film to mount it I can't return it, so I will be modifying it to work, but definitely go a different route. These are junk.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Polaris lock & ride half windshield is the only way to go if you just got to have a half. I had one and liked it ok, just wasn't quite tall enough for me. I went back w/a Dot Weld tinted folding windshield and like it a lot better. Still not the best of quality but I've definitely seen worse. I added an angle iron brace across the middle where it hinges and stiffened it up a lot. I've yet to find a better option in a folder

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other feedback on differences betwwen the 13 anf 15s. Sounds like the clutch is one thing.

Thx for i put on windshield

·
Registered
229 Posts
Something about the seatbelts is different, think the 14-15 got a center belt or something like that that the 13 didn't have. The 15 also has the seatbelt speed limiter, where you have to plug it in to go over a few MPH. The 15 has the same crap designed intakes but now have a Frogskin patch. 14-15 has a bigger heatshield on the exhaust.

·
Special Advisor
1,480 Posts
I just installed an EMP half windshield last night... bought two of them and I wouldn't go down that road again... flimsy as all get out. Rattles against dash board, plastic rivets used to hold the straps come out, weather stripping on the bottom falls right off. According to their website, since I took off the protective film to mount it I can't return it, so I will be modifying it to work, but definitely go a different route. These are junk.
Rick Ott and crew takes down another customer.......my experience with EMP was the same. Junk!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
. The 15 also has the seatbelt speed limiter, where you have to plug it in to go over a few MPH.
This is interesting, when i test ride the 900 the bike performed poorly. The mgr was driving inwas riding but it was a tital dog. He figured it was out of gas so filled the tank uo and off we went but the performance sucked. He said it needs a mechanic to inspect but when he parked it he said he plugged the driver seatbelt into the center spot and the engine would not run well. This new limiter is for real

·
Registered
371 Posts
When I test drove my 2015 Ranger 900, I buckled myself in and motored off. I was disappointed in the performance. It was not cool. I then realized that I had buckled myself into the female receiver for the center seat. Once I buckled the appropriate buckle, that 68HP ProStar came to life!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts