·
Premium Member
2022 Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Show this man some love. That's a nice setup. Of course half of it would be slung all over the place in my scenario. I can see where for a farm buggy it would be perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! Great post with pics AND links. Many thanks! I have a 2022 Northstar XP Crew Trail Boss on order and will definitely add these mods.
I picked up a Cansporter and it works great on my 2010 Ranger 800 Crew and or my 2011 Ranger 800 Crew.

Today's question...........how did you attach the tool tray to the roll bar?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
“Today's question...........how did you attach the tool tray to the roll bar?”

The shelf is wide enough, and has a lip around the top edge, that allows the shelf to almost be wedged in place between the Super ATV roll-bar cross supports. It’s perhaps 1/4-1/2” narrower than the distance between the cross supports. The shelf is also pretty thick plastic, so it won’t fold easily under weight. The shelf has three sections, but the two interior vertical section walls can be easily removed to make it a single tray, if you prefer. A removable bin, that fits in the right third section of the shelf, can be used as appropriate.

Installation: I measured a couple drill locations on the roll bar cross support, about six inches apart, that would align with good support locations on the tool tray. I used a center punch to dimple where the bit would drill the hole In the cross support. The cross support metal is pretty thick, so be careful to take your time when drilling. I only used two screws for each side, but a third could be added after the first two are established.

I measured from the outside bottom to get the proper height for the anchor holes on the shelf. I test fit the shelf to ensure it was not too far forward or rearward before drilling the holes in the shelf at the proper height, spacing and front/rear location.

I used some 1 1/2” long self tapping metal screws I had laying around to anchor the shelf to the cross supports.

The shelf has a small raised tunnel in the center, meant for the under-seat floor hump of a truck, that adds more rearward visibility.

Overall the shelf is almost built to suit a tool shelf purpose. It fits great in the Super ATV roll bar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
“Today's question...........how did you attach the tool tray to the roll bar?”

The shelf is wide enough, and has a lip around the top edge, that allows the shelf to almost be wedged in place between the Super ATV roll-bar cross supports. It’s perhaps 1/4-1/2” narrower than the distance between the cross supports. The shelf is also pretty thick plastic, so it won’t fold easily under weight. The shelf has three sections, but the two interior vertical section walls can be easily removed to make it a single tray, if you prefer. A removable bin, that fits in the right third section of the shelf, can be used as appropriate.

Installation: I measured a couple drill locations on the roll bar cross support, about six inches apart, that would align with good support locations on the tool tray. I used a center punch to dimple where the bit would drill the hole In the cross support. The cross support metal is pretty thick, so be careful to take your time when drilling. I only used two screws for each side, but a third could be added after the first two are established.

I measured from the outside bottom to get the proper height for the anchor holes on the shelf. I test fit the shelf to ensure it was not too far forward or rearward before drilling the holes in the shelf at the proper height, spacing and front/rear location.

I used some 1 1/2” long self tapping metal screws I had laying around to anchor the shelf to the cross supports.

The shelf has a small raised tunnel in the center, meant for the under-seat floor hump of a truck, that adds more rearward visibility.

Overall the shelf is almost built to suit a tool shelf purpose. It fits great in the Super ATV roll bar.
Many thanks!!

DW

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok that Switch panel is sweet. Curious how it is mounted to the roof
Ametal tab sticks down from the ceiling above the rear view mirror. I drilled a hole in the tab and mounted a ‘Ram” ball mount. A “Ram” socket extension connects the switch panel to the mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts