PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better but still has a little backfire!! Did bare wires fixed them, then TPS replaced that believe me it's running better than ever, so far.. When you back off the throttle, such as engine braking down a hill, when your almost to a stop, maybe 2000rpm if you give it a tiny bit of throttle it will backfire. I pulled the throttle body AGAIN and it has some wear on it, maybe .020-.030 end play on the butterfly and just a little bit of slop around the butterfly shaft. I'm heading here as there was a fair amount of really fine dirt in the area where the throttle cable hooks the the shaft, Pulled cover and while it was under throttle sprayed carb cleaner at throttle shaft, Definitely changed the sound and rpm so it is leaking!!! But what is normal??? the only way it could suck air is thru the throttle cable. ANY IDEAS NO MATTER HOW CRAZY please throw them at me. CPS, throttle body (has anybody needed to replace theirs????) checked wires to TBAP, looks OK. What am I missing?????? only code is 25??

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Did you check the tbody adapted tube for cracks?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Curt, I'm on the third adaptor. Double checked that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took a long ride today and it seems to run REALLY good, better than it has in a long time.. So I'm thinking you can have a TPS that just doesn't work well!!! My low end problems are all gone, and it seems a LOT smoother from idle to full out. Finally!! It still has the backfire just at the very bottom just before idle when you give it a touch of throttle, little backfire and takes off???? Any ideas on this little backfire would be appreciated. And thanx for all the feed back over the last few weeks, as well as all the past info on the searches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts